Login

TRON Legacy Review

javie

13 year(s) ago

[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/blaque_07/Tron--Legacy---Official-Comic.jpg[/IMG] This has got to be the third best movie I have seen this year in theaters. #1: Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World #2: Inception #3: TRON Legacy It starts off in 1989, where Kevin Flynn has a 9 year old boy Sam, who loves TRON. He tells his son that he will soon take him into the grid that he has created and been in. But then his friend Alan, who created TRON, calls him up to do something that he needs to take care of, but never returns. This puts his family and his company ENCOM into risk. And yes, I know that I spelled it wrong on my last review. That's why I went back and fixed it. Now its present day, and ENCOM actually got back on track, and is running successful, but without Sam Flynn. Sam has now become rebellious and is living and working on his own. Alan visit's Sam to tell him that Kevin told Sam to meet him in the old arcade, and go into the grid. Once he turned the power back on in the old arcade, it was nice and refreshing to hear Journey being played again in a TRON movie. So anyway, he sees the TRON arcade machine, and finds that there's a hidden door that leads to his dad's office. He digitizes his way into the Grid, and starts to find his father. He meets Flynn's program Clue, who he created, and says that he has taken over the grid. This then starts up the plot, and begins the journey. I can tell you my personal opinion on this one, but I believe that Jay Maynard, employee of WiRed, and A.K.A. TRON guy, can explain for me. He sums up what I thought about the movie. [quote]“I walked in, expecting to be blown away both from what I’d seen before and from what I knew about the production. I was not disappointed.� … “… the result is visually stunning, intellectually engaging and emotionally exhausting.� … “There’s plenty of eye candy for even the most jaded addict. The score by Daft Punk is outstanding.� … “With all of this, many folks would expect the story to suffer. It doesn’t, unless you’re a movie critic. It’s a logical continuation of the original, although you need not have seen Tron to understand what’s happening now. Strong performances by Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Michael Sheen should prevent the kind of complaints about wooden acting that surrounded the original movie. The result delivers an unexpected emotional impact, especially at the ending.� … “Perhaps the emotional ending influenced my final reaction. As the credits rolled, I had to fight off tears.�[/quote] http://www.slashfilm.com/tron-guy-reviews-tron-legacy/ The only difference was that I didn't walk out in tears. But overall, I truly believe you guys should give this one a watch. The special effects are great, and they have Daft Punk, in the movie. What more do you need? If I did give you anymore, then I would spoil the rest for ya. 4/5

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)