Login

Trying not to scream at the top of my lungs

Freakyone

12 year(s) ago

I sew a lot so you think this kind of thing wouldn't happen any more! first I cut the bodice out wrong which wasn't a big deal cause I had lots of extra fabric so no big deal I staid up till almost midnight working on the custom pattern. I'm about 3/4 of the way through a dress that I stayed up till midnight making, when my parents decided to inform me that the neckline I was going to do was inappropriate and that I would need to change it (for the 2nd time) So begrudgingly I did. so as I'm going to finish the dress I go to my zipper drawer I need a 14in at the least, I open the drawer and I have about 6 in the right color but 3 of them are metal and 2 are for jackets and the only normal one was only 9in long. So I sow the 9in one in hoping for the best and go to try the dress on praying that it would work, nope it wouldn't even go over my breast so I'm basically at square one with this dress and I'm ready to scream!!!!!!! The neckline was similar to this http://tinyurl.com/3gs7teu (yeah I know my parents are weird) So what is your biggest craft frustrations?

larry229

12 year(s) ago

.....how can you have a *more* appropriate neckline? You can't see a thing with that o_O

Freakyone

12 year(s) ago

my parents think shoulders are sexy *rolls eyes*

keyseya

12 year(s) ago

I think if you need to cover your shoulders then sleeves like the ones in the picture below would look good if done right. You should really ask Chelsea though, she's the sewer out of all of us. http://us.asos.com/countryid/2/Vero-Moda-Vero-Moda-Frill-Sleeve-Mini-Dress/vk4pp/?iid=1384759&MID=35719&affid=2135&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-jqBrejiJ51_N1RqiiZzX8g

Freakyone

12 year(s) ago

I like those sleeves a lot I think I might try them... Thank you :)

Confederate

12 year(s) ago

Maybe it's the bare arms (on the dress site) that made your parents think that the neck line was way to revealing to them?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)