Login

Urgent prayer request

larry229

13 year(s) ago

There's massive flooding in Queensland and New South Wales (states in Australia, keep up ). This has been happening since before Christmas so you know, whatever. It's getting worse though. The city of Toowoomba was hit by a flashflood yesterday and now the waters' heading on towards Brisbane (capital of the state, big place, my other home), and in addition, the dam near Brisbane is at 170% capacity. And it's still raining. They're trying to evacuate people but there's not really anywhere for them to go. I mean, Toowoomba's at the TOP of the hills. They're expecting what they're calling an 'inland tsunami' to hit Brisbane about 7pm (QLD time) tonight. Aside from the fact this is scary on its own, I know a lot of people who are affected by this and people who are in danger. My own famil'y safe, their town is cut off but they're west of the tidal wave and it's heading east. I have a lot of friends in the way though. And even aside from friends, there have been eight people confirmed dead and at least 72 missing in the floods. And it hasn't hit the big places yet. So.. yeah. Please pray for people, especially for the emergency services. I was a part of the SES while I lived in Australia and I know pretty much exactly how little sleep they'll be getting and how much work they're doing and how dangerous their work is.

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

I saw that a while ago and've definitely been praying, I meant to ask you how your family's getting on.

larry229

13 year(s) ago

They're running out of food and cut off from other towns, but they're pretty well out of danger. Mum's biggest worry is that Samara's medication won't get through, but it's not a life threatening issue so overall my family's doing fairly well.

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

Mmkay. Decided to put this into perspective. Queensland is 715,309 square miles (total area- including water), according to Wikipedia. 3/4 of that is 536,481 square miles. That's roughly the size of Texas (268,580 sq. miles total), California (163,695 sq. miles total), and Colorado (104,093 sq. miles total). If we want to take water out of the equation, then it's like this. Queensland's total land area is 668,207 square miles. 3/4 of that is 501,155 square miles. That is roughly the land area of Texas (261,797 sq. miles), California (155,959 sq. miles), and Idaho (82,747 sq. miles). So, not much changes. But you get the picture.

Jekkie

13 year(s) ago

Love and prayers extended.

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

[b]Jekkie wrote:[/b] [quote]Love and prayers extended.[/quote] QFT. But on a sidenote... ZACH posted? WHAT IS THIS?! Insanity.

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYUpkPTcqPY

larry229

13 year(s) ago

Lilly - My family's currently dry but potentially at risk, another inch of water and the catchment near their town is going over. I know some of my friends have had to evacuate but as far as I know they're not dead or missing. Caleb - *shrug* middlesized states I guess? Kayla - Thanks :) Ben - Woah, that's crazy. And what is wrong with the guy in the white 4WD? That's how you get killed, don't do that.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)