Login

Vote 3rd Party

BrotherReed

15 year(s) ago

The current broken political system provides voters with a deceptive dichotomy: vote Democrat or Republican. In reality, there is no good reason why we should be forced into one of these molds. We are told that these opposing candidates support vastly different viewpoints. However, this is clearly not the case. If you want an obvious example, may I remind you that both Obama and McCain went around campaigning for the bailout? Something that the majority of Americans have been shown to be against? Why shouldn't America have a choice between one candidate who wants a bailout, and another who has the balls to stand up to it? The simple answer is, we should. This is only one example. As Christians, we must not fall prey to the utilitarian mindset that much of the world uses - i.e., the end justifies the means. Do whatever is necessary to achieve a preferable outcome. We have been deceived into thinking that we must vote for John McCain or else Obama will win the election and then OH NOES! What will become of us? Friends, not only will John McCain not save America from its downswing - his economic ideas are obviously not different enough from Obama's to be a selling point, we're in for more big government, his pro-life position is not as strong as Bush's, etc. - but it is very likely he will not win even with your vote. McCain is pulling his campaign out of some states and other previously GOP states are turning away from him. At that point you are not only voting for someone who cannot win, but also someone whose positions are not your own. Voting for the lesser of two evils is indeed squandering your vote and neglecting your civil duties. No American vote is unimportant. We, the young and brave, must come out and demonstrate that we will not be horned in by the current system, that we will not be deceived by the media in big politics, that we will not settle for second best (or third or fourth best). If we don't have the courage to vote our principles I think we need to reconsider. Do some research. Vote for Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party. Vote for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party (who, by the way, is Ron Paul's endorsed candidate for the presidency). Heck, write-in Ron Paul (but check your state's laws about write-ins to find out if they have to be registered first)! Don't settle. Vote for truth and never look back.

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

Who is the 3rd party candidate anyway? That's sad isn't it? Noone even knows who it is. Why do they even campaign? If i could vote, I would go McCain/Palin.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)