Login

watchmen

screams

17 year(s) ago

http://imdb.com/title/tt0409459/ it's a graphic novel by alan moore, who wrote v for vendetta. they're making it into a movie, and it's going to be directed by zack snyder (300, dawn of the dead remake, and other various fantasy/sci-fi movies). i think it looks sweet. snyder really captures the fantasy flavor really well, it will be cool to see him work with actual superheroes. maybe he will start furthering his career of comic book adaptations, that might be interesting. anyways, anyone else excited for this?

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

I loved the graphic novel, but I have little hope for the movie. I honestly don't think the director is up for it. He did alright with 300 but that was all action, Watchmen has almost no action, and it is really driven by dialog. There is also way more plot and character development then could fit in any movie. Unless they are planning on making a trilogy or something, but I doubt that. I would prefer a miniseries or like one season of a TV. The only thing thats good about doing a movie on Watchmen is that there are alot of good writers that like the graphic novel, I know that some of the writers for LOST like it, so hopefully they will be able to get some talent on the witting end of it.

screams

17 year(s) ago

it would be a cool miniseries... i don't know if they would want to make something like that along side of heroes. it would grab less attention of the people who have been watching heroes, because it's just another clone on prime time, and the only people who watched it would be fans of the book... at least to the extreme. that is only if they would be making a miniseries anytime soon.

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

I could see the SciFi channel doing it, maybe get some of those Battlestar writters, sense there won't be a new episode till 2008.

screams

17 year(s) ago

That might be cool.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)