Login

We\'ll go for coffee then the Altar...wait wha?

BboyCon-Con

16 year(s) ago

So, I have an issue with most Christian girls...most of the Christian girls I know come from churches that push for marriage way too soon. I'm tight with a bunch of churches in my area and I see couples getting married from only dating (courting, whatever) for 6 months and then they get hitched. most of all these couples were between the ages of 19 and 22. I grew up knowing some of these couples and I know their church really encouraged it and I was really upset when I heard a married couple (at age 19 and 21) are having marital issues. I had a girl I liked but we really weren't compatible so it never went anywhere. Others knew we were interested in each other. I came to the conclusion it wouldn't work so I just told others that we weren't compatible, but when I told my friends this they said 'yea, she said she wasn't ready to be a wife yet...'...wha? What ever happened to the concept of a girlfriend? I'm not afraid of commitment but I'm not going up to the altar at 21 with little direction. And I have had a few other interests but they all had the same mind set. I want to date (court, whatever) for at least 2 1/2 years before I get engaged. I'm not saying it won't work and I hope the best for others but this is a real turndown, especially at these ages. ..idk..

writerscott

16 year(s) ago

Holy cow, do this church support marrige consle for this young people at lest!

mantor48

16 year(s) ago

I think that God will show you the person andthe time when it is time to get married. It's different 4 everyone.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)