Login

What do these passages mean?

TWall

17 year(s) ago

This is for the long debated topic of can a Christian lose their faith? Yes they can! If you don't think so then tell me what these verses mean: Hebrews 6:4-6 "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good work of God and the powers of the age to come, [b][i]if they fall away[/i][/b], to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame." 2 Peter 2:20-22 "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of this world through the knoweledge of theLord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "[i]A dog returns to his own vomit,[/i]and, "[i]a so, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.[/i]" Hebrews 10:26-29 "For if we sin willfully after we have recieved the knoweledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but certain fearful expectation of judgement, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Ahyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?"

moses

17 year(s) ago

ofcourse one can loose their faith in God, I think that infact it's a personal battle within all of us. But the good thing is that we can't loose our salvation, and that if we loose faith in God we can ask for forgiveness and recommit our lives to Him.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)