Login

What do you think about this verse?

brittwit

18 year(s) ago

[b]"And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit , it will not be forgiven." (Luke 12:10 NKJV)[/b] This verse has me somewhat confused and I was wondering what some of your alls thoughts might be on it. What is the difference between blaspheming against Jesus and the Holy Spirit? How is it that the latter can not be forgiven? I don't remember coming across this before so I'm kind of just wondering...

moses

17 year(s) ago

ok I'll give you what I think God is leading me to say. in Luke 12: 1-12 it talks about being a hypocrite. The Holy Ghost teaches you (as said in verse 12). So basically what Luke 12: 10 is saying is that those who sin without fromer knowlege of their sin will be forgiven if they are a Christian because everyone has fallen short of the glory of God. But those who know that what they do is a sin ,because the Holy Ghost has taught you, and still commit the sin is being a hyprocrit which in Gods eye is being real bad. Ofcourse if you ask for forgiveness you will be forgiven but what it is saying is that what type of Christian who is sopposed to be a new creature in God, who's main goal is to be like Jesus, and still sin willfully. To sin willfully is not a sin of being a Christian and therefore maybey one should examen their heart to see if they truly excepted Jesus Christ as their savior. I hope your Question has been answered, if not You know my screen name and I'll be happy to study more and hopfully give a more clear answer.

Rianne9994

17 year(s) ago

[b]brittwit wrote:[/b] [quote][b]"And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit , it will not be forgiven." (Luke 12:10 NKJV)[/b] This verse has me somewhat confused and I was wondering what some of your alls thoughts might be on it. What is the difference between blaspheming against Jesus and the Holy Spirit? How is it that the latter can not be forgiven? I don't remember coming across this before so I'm kind of just wondering...[/quote] Luke 12:10 "If you bad-mouth the Son of Man out of misunderstanding or ignorance, that can be overlooked. But if you're knowingly attacking God himself, taking aim at the Holy Spirit, that won't be overlooked. (The message)

whitelily

17 year(s) ago

What i have read and come to believe that verse doesnt mean if you say "i hate God i dont believe in him he's fake" or something like that Your not damned to hell.... I think it's when the Holy Spirit is constantly talking to you trying to persuade you to do something, to live your life for Christ, to give up this addiction, to stop dating this person, etc. and you just choose to ignore it and go your own way. We say "oh God let your kingdom come let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" but we want Gods will and his kingdom to be what we want, the way we want it to look. We want to approve God's will before we do it, because if it's getting out of our comfortable boxes we wont do it... but really i dont know anything.. God's wisdom and understanding is far greater than mine... His ways are not my ways his thoughts are higher than my thoughts.

ImNotAPolicemanImAPrinces

17 year(s) ago

I luv looking at different translations of the same verse becasue it helps me understand what teh verse is saying. Brittwit, I really like the translation u used; it really showed what the auther might have been wanting to say. I shall follow ur example;) [size=4]"And everyone who makes a statement or speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the HOly SPirit [that is, whoever intentionally comes short of the reverence due to the Holy Spirit], it will not be forgiven him - for him there is no forgiveness." Luke 12:10 (AMPLIFIED) [/size]

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)