Login

What God can do.......

Cathooker

16 year(s) ago

When you get to the point that you feel lost with no hope, remember that God loves you and even thought you may not think so many people love you. YOU have to give them a chance to love you. It will not be easy but in God ALL things are possible. Here is my story and my testominy to God. My life and my body was falling apart. I was drinking myself to sleep everynight. I was 60 lbs overweight and getting bigger. My blood pressure had gotten to extremely high levels on several occasions. My marriage, while not really in trouble, was strained. I had put a huge burden on my wife. I had quit doing things that I loved...fishing for one. I was trying to bury myself in work, alcohol, and pain killers (occasionally). I had a lot of suicidal thoughts. If I did not drink at night I did not sleep. I was so very depressed, sad all the time, angry all the time, my anger would fly out of control with the simplest of problems. I was a time bomb looking for a place to explode. This is my testimony to GOD: GOD's intervention number 1 : I started posting on a fishing website. In July 2007 Cheez saw a post of mine and PMed me. I had known Cheez for several years but had lost contact with him 9 years earlier. He asked me to go fishing with him. I did and instantly I could see a great friend in Cheez. Cheez is extremely devoted to our LORD and saviour JESUS CHRIST. He did not push me in any way but he was there to talk with me about Christ when I brought up the subject. He has become one of my most trusted and loyal Brotjers in Christ GOD's intervention number 2 : My health problems worsened and I was going to one doctor after another trying to find out what was wrong with me. On Nov 14 my VA doctor told me that he wanted me to go to mental health. I left his office and went down the hall to make an appointment with mental health. The lady at the desk told me it would be three months before I could get in to see anyone. Disappointed, I made the appointment anyway. I had to wait for the pharmacy to fill my prescriptions and this was going to take about an hour. I waited in the lobby and 15 minutes after I sat down my name was called to come to the front desk. It was the lady from Mental health. She asked if I wanted to see a counselor today. Ms Lloyd had a no show. This little Lady ( Ms. Lloyd) is wonderful. AND she is a devout Christian. She diagnosed me as having a delayed onset of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from my time in Vietnam. She got up in my face and asked me if I wanted to get better....Of course I do...then she told me very empahtically NO MORE ALCOHOL AT ALL. I quit that very day and have only had one beer since then. GOD's intervention number 3 : While in Ms Lloyd's office she advised me to go to the Vet center and get an appointment with a counselor . After an hour with her and picking up my meds I went across the street to the Vet center. I told the man at the front desk that I needed an appointment to see a counselor. He looked on the computer and then told me that he would be back in just a minute. A counselor named Dr. Harry Jackson had a no show and aksed if I wanted to see him right then...now that is two in the same day... coincidence?? I think divine intervention. Harry is a devout Christian. I now love him like a brother. He is also a Vietnam vet and he understands my plight plus he has a doctorate degree in counseling trauma related stress disorders. GOD's intervention number 4: I continued to see my counselors, Cheez and I had developed a really great friendship but I was trying to deal with my health problems and alcohol problems alone. Out of the blue an old friend from high school that I had gotten drunk with and partyied with for many years started talking with me about his experience with GOD and if he could change then I certainly could. He had never discussed this with me before. While driving down the road feeling really down and having a mild panic attack I followed Gene's advice....I reached out to GOD.... I really needed his help. I did not instanlty feel relief or an overwhelming revelation but I did feel calmer. I started praying more and more. I started going to church with my wife, daughter and grandchildren. I now feel his presence with me all the time. This is what GOD has done for me: I no longer have any desire for alcohol. I totally changed my eating habits and I started losing weight. I have now lost nearly 60 lbs. I am wearing the same size clothes that I grew out of over 25 years ago. My blood pressure and my blood sugar level are staying in the safe range. My back and knees no longer hurt all the time. I have a peace of mind that I have not had in years. My wife and my family are closer to me than ever. I am so very thankful that HE has given me the strength to change my life. I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME A SECOND CHANCE Praise be to our LORD.....GOD truly IS good. __________________

Anko

16 year(s) ago

WOW. That's awesome! God's truly amazing beyond comprehension.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)