Login

What the crap, Firefox?

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

In the past I've faced the inevitable difficulty of making a site look the same across the board (IE7,8,9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera). I don't usually test on Safari and Opera and IE7 or 8 until I run my first IE9, Chrome, and Firefox test. Generally, Chrome and Firefox will agree while IE9 is stubborn. This is kinda how it's always been. However, I'm picking up a project I started a while back and I'm kinda confused here. The CSS is throwing the navigation all whacky in Firefox. I'm going to recode the section differently so it should take care of it, but really unless I'm missing something obvious I don't see anything that should be doing it. Anyone else care to take a look? http://cubiclefilms.com/cubicle.html

serfofChrist92

12 year(s) ago

I see the same thing in both FF and IE. The left-most nav link (HOME) is inside the C but as the letters go on the navigation links slide down and are no longer inside the rest of the letters.

serfofChrist92

12 year(s) ago

lol. :huh: You are using margin-top instead of just top. It looks like the first (HOME) div is 444px from the the bottom of the parent elemnt (you have a negative in there so I'm confused by that) and for some reason each following div is 13px below that one. You could position your divs as absolute, give them a fixed width, and then use top/left instead of margin-top/margin-left.

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote] lol. :huh: You are using margin-top instead of just top. It looks like the first (HOME) div is 444px from the the bottom of the parent elemnt (you have a negative in there so I'm confused by that) and for some reason each following div is 13px below that one. You could position your divs as absolute, give them a fixed width, and then use top/left instead of margin-top/margin-left.[/quote] Hehe. I had forgotten about that. :P Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what I did there. At this point it looks much the same to me as it must to you -- as someone else's code lol.

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

Actually, I originally had them lined up at the same pixel position on the Y axis, but (and I'm kinda straining my memory here as I coded it late at night several months ago) I kept altering it so it would look right in...um...I think I was building it using Chrome, Firebug, and Notepad.

serfofChrist92

12 year(s) ago

Yeah but I think each margin is building off of the one before it. Maybe Chrome reads it differently (I can't check 'cause it's prohibited on our networks).

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]Yeah but I think each margin is building off of the one before it. Maybe Chrome reads it differently (I can't check 'cause it's prohibited on our networks).[/quote] Yeah, I remember having this realization before now but not doing anything because other browsers were reading it differently. What's odd to me is that they SHOULD be reading it like Firefox is, but Chrome doesn't and, for me, IE9 doesn't.

Confederate

12 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]I see the same thing in both FF and IE. The left-most nav link (HOME) is inside the C but as the letters go on the navigation links slide down and are no longer inside the rest of the letters.[/quote] Maybe it's meant to be that way on Cubicle Films. Maybe I'm wrong. :blush: I tried to click on each thing and got the 409 Error! :ohmy: :laugh:

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

[b]Confederate wrote:[/b] [quote][b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]I see the same thing in both FF and IE. The left-most nav link (HOME) is inside the C but as the letters go on the navigation links slide down and are no longer inside the rest of the letters.[/quote] Maybe it's meant to be that way on Cubicle Films. Maybe I'm wrong. :blush: I tried to click on each thing and got the 409 Error! :ohmy: :laugh:[/quote] Yeah, I still haven't messed with it much since I posted this (it's kinda taken a backseat for the foreseeable future along with a few other sites I was working on), so the links don't actually work right now.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)