Login

When's it classified as church?

allwaysmiling06

18 year(s) ago

Alright we had this problem with our senior trip. The authorities said we had to go to church. They wanted us to go to a random baptist chruch. They didn't think it was good enough to hold a service in our hotel with the youth pastor. Our Bible teacher said it would of been better for us to go to some church with wierd ideas than not go to church at all. So how do you classify church then? Just a group of believers that have to meet in a building that says CHURCH??? I already know what i think about this but wondering what others thought. What do you think?? Have we put standards on church and how we classify it??? Thanks guys! C.

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

when two or three are gathered in God's name... He is there with them Church is God's house.... His Spriit lives within us..... A group of even two or three who gather for the purpose of learning about God i believe would classify as church I can understand the reason though... Im assuming that this would mean that you are baptist or at least the authorities you spoke of were hardcore baptists.... I went to a baptist school (even though I disagree with them on many things) and they were very into rules and thought that eveything had to go by a set of rules in order to be right.... I believe that may be the reason for that.... sure, it is probably better to actually go to church, but, if you disagree with the focus of the teachings of that church, it is better to study with just a few others and a youth pastor instead of being turned off by a preacher and not listen to something important.... God speaks to us all the time... even in small groups

allwaysmiling06

18 year(s) ago

Yeah i totally agree with you... I'm not baptist.I'm non denom. and i dissagreed with them about many things. But what i wanted to ask them was about after jesus left. With this school our bible teacher told us that the baptist was the true church and that we would have to answer to God about not being a baptist. But what about the followers of Christ. They didn't meet in a fancy church that said"Baptists of Christ" They met where they could. That is a summary of my thought on that.

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

well.... that one ive never heard from a baptist.... but I believe that that idea is wrong and against the Bible.... the Pharisees were convinced that they were right and that everyone else was wrong.... and we all know what Jesus thought of them "For if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" that is what is important..... not your denomination.... specific theologic beliefs are not quite as important.... we should try to believe the right things but the important thing is that we believe that Jesus lived, died, and rose again in order to save us from our sins.... "pride goes before a fall"

Hewillcomesoon

18 year(s) ago

ive been to multiple different churches and one main thing the "seperate" churches really need to do is concentrate more on their similarities than their differences

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

a lot of what we like to do is to argue amongst each other about trivial things when we really need to be standing firm and fighting for something that we both agree on and believe in

Hewillcomesoon

18 year(s) ago

exactly how can we fight the enemy if were fighting eachother.. hmm sounds like satan has a pretty good grip in that area

SmilinBob

18 year(s) ago

I personally think that any organized religion is a bad thing. Man twists religous texts to better fit there lives, corrupting the text. I think people should read and interpret their text on there own, not have someone else tell you what it means.

lax10

17 year(s) ago

bump

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)