Login

why?

barry

16 year(s) ago

[b]Deuteronomy 6:4-7 - "Hear, O Israel! The L-RD is our G-d, the L-RD is one! "You shall love the L-RD your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. "These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. "You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."[/b] All Israel, those who were born Jewish and those that were not, yet believed in the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, through all of it's generations, were instructed to love G-d by internalizing the Torah, and teaching it at all times and in all situations in their lifes. The Messianic community after Yeshua's death kept the Torah as an expression of their Love for HaShem. They considered it HaShem's gift of MERCY AND GRACE. By providing healing through the power of their faith in Yeshua the Messiah, they were keeping the Torah in Love. By giving monetary gifts to the hunger striken Messianic Jews in Israel, they were keeping Torah in Love. Whatever the action, it was done in a compassion that flowed from Yeshua to each individual in the community, they lived out the words of Torah. This is the attitude and motivation described in Deauteronomy 6. This did not then, or now, mean to glorify or idolize, if that were possible, the Torah. It is not HaShem. HaShem is alone G-d. His will, His ways and the very promises of the coming Messiah are all revieled in Torah. To know and Love Torah is to know and Love HaShem. We can only do so on His terms. If you look at Deuteronomy 6 with this in mind, you will understand why learning and practicing the Torah is so crucial for the lives of us all. This is true for the Jew, this is true for the gentiles who say they believe in HaShem and His Messiah. It is written: [i]"Teach me Your statutes Make me understand the way of Your precepts And I will meditate on Your wonders."[/i]

cloudspit

16 year(s) ago

[b]barry wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Deuteronomy 6:4-7 - "Hear, O Israel! The L-RD is our G-d, the L-RD is one! "You shall love the L-RD your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. "These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. "You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."[/b] All Israel, those who were born Jewish and those that were not, yet believed in the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, through all of it's generations, were instructed to love G-d by internalizing the Torah, and teaching it at all times and in all situations in their lifes. The Messianic community after Yeshua's death kept the Torah as an expression of their Love for HaShem. They considered it HaShem's gift of MERCY AND GRACE. By providing healing through the power of their faith in Yeshua the Messiah, they were keeping the Torah in Love. By giving monetary gifts to the hunger striken Messianic Jews in Israel, they were keeping Torah in Love. Whatever the action, it was done in a compassion that flowed from Yeshua to each individual in the community, they lived out the words of Torah. This is the attitude and motivation described in Deauteronomy 6. This did not then, or now, mean to glorify or idolize, if that were possible, the Torah. It is not HaShem. HaShem is alone G-d. His will, His ways and the very promises of the coming Messiah are all revieled in Torah. To know and Love Torah is to know and Love HaShem. We can only do so on His terms. If you look at Deuteronomy 6 with this in mind, you will understand why learning and practicing the Torah is so crucial for the lives of us all. This is true for the Jew, this is true for the gentiles who say they believe in HaShem and His Messiah. It is written: [i]"Teach me Your statutes Make me understand the way of Your precepts And I will meditate on Your wonders."[/i][/quote] ok

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)