Login

Why creation/evolution matters:

sonoftheking

17 year(s) ago

Note:this is not a creation/evolution debate. Why a Bible believing christan should not believe evolution:1If evolution is true death brought man into the world,If the Bible is true man brought death into the world.Romans 5:12,1Cor.15-22 and more. 2:The credibility of Genesis is at stake. 3:Jesus quoted Genesis 25 times his credibility is at stake. 4:About every other book in the Bible referes back to Genesis. 5:If sombody says the earth is billions of years old,and can twist that out of the Bible your beginning to have a cult,because you need them to tell you what is says:Example:If you took five-thousand people of average intellgence and had them read Genesis (and they knew nothing of the debate)not a single one would come back and say Billions of years. so just somthing i wanted to share,......oh and evolution has no sceintific backing,Sceince is obersvation,and facts,not what looney profesors draw in text books,but thats a different debate for a different time.thanks:P

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

WOW I've always hated evolution, but I've never thought about it in terms of what you just posted, so it opened up a whole new train of thought for me! Thanks for sharing!

Radio

17 year(s) ago

Literalism really hurts your logic as well as your side of the arguement. Not only would every one of those 5,000 (as the OP claims) come back claiming Evolution over Creationism, but there are many factors that separate Evolution and the Bible wrongly. For starters, the time frame of a DAY. From what i've last heard, the 24 hour calender is a very modern definition of a day. I'm no expert, but the definition of time has changed from age to age, until now scientists...the SAME scientists that favor EVOLUTION have come up with Revolutions and Rotations around the Sun to determine our map through day and night. My point? Genesis was more than likely on a whole different time frame than our modern world.

sonoftheking

17 year(s) ago

[b]Radio wrote:[/b] [quote]Literalism really hurts your logic as well as your side of the arguement. Not only would every one of those 5,000 (as the OP claims) come back claiming Evolution over Creationism, but there are many factors that separate Evolution and the Bible wrongly. quote]Please,do explain.

Post edited by: sonoftheking, at: 2007/03/06 11:48

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)