Login

Why the split?+Christians and the third Temple

sonoftheking

17 year(s) ago

Depending on you "End times" views, Will christians(which i am not)and people who believe that Yeshua is the Messiah take part in animal sacrifices in the last days? Consider this, There were 613 commandments given to Moses at Sinai; according to the Torah, we are commanded to fulfill all the 613 commandments, in practice, at all periods and without exceptions, as is written in Deuteronomy 29:28 "... those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children FOREVER, that we may do all the words of this Torah." But in practice, the majority of the commandements (343) are related to the Temple and the worship in it, we cannot fulfill today more than 270 out of these 613. Does G-d say in Deuteronomy 29:28 that every thing in the Torah will always be relevent? I'll leave you to dicide that. _________ What Biblical justification or any justification is there for christians to no longer have any part with any thing Jewish, Jewish holidays, ect. The answer:NONE There is no reason that "followers of Jesus"(christians) should have there own religon apart from Judaism. The Roman Emperor Constantine at the Council of Nicea (325 C.E.), declared a formal and complete break from all Jewish practices and interaction with Jews or Judaism. The following creed is that of a church at Constantinople at the same period: "I renounce all customs, rites, legalisms, unleavened breads & sacrifices of lambs of the Hebrews, and all other feasts of the Hebrews, sacrifices, prayers, aspersions, purifications, sanctifications and propitiations and fasts, and new moons, and Sabbaths, and superstitions, and hymns and chants and observances and Synagogues, and the food and drink of the Hebrews; in one word, I renounce everything Jewish, every law, rite and custom and if afterwards I shall wish to deny and return to Jewish superstition, or shall be found eating with The Jews, or feasting with them, or secretly conversing and condemning the Christian religion instead of openly confuting them and condemning their vain faith, then let the trembling of Gehazi cleave to me, as well as the legal punishments to which I acknowledge myself liable. And may I be anathema in the world to come, and may my soul be set down with Satan and the devils." Its sad, really, nearly everyone before 325 would have taken part in The Jewish holidays:Weekly Shabbat (Sabbath) Monthly Rosh Chodesh (Feast of the New Moon) Yearly Major festivals Pesach (Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread) Feast of First fruits Lag B'Omer (Counting the Omer) Shavuot (Feast of Weeks) Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets) Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) Minor festivals Simchat Torah (Joy of Torah) Chanukkah (Feast of Dedication) Purim (Feast of Esther) Tisha B'Av (Fast of the Fifth Month) And held much other Jewish things. The only reason your not doing these things is because some stupid people wanted there own religon. Yeshua and his disiciples participated in all of these. Post edited by: sonoftheking, at: 2007/05/23 06:38

Post edited by: sonoftheking, at: 2007/05/23 06:39

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)