Login

Why there are no deleted scenes in Dark Knight

javie

15 year(s) ago

[quote]Christopher Nolan has been speaking with USA Today about the success of The Dark Knight and its potential sequel: Nolan says he is jotting notes and doing some rough outlines for a third story, but he hasn’t yet found anything he’s willing to commit to film, despite Warner Bros.’ eagerness to get a new film underway. “It was obvious when the box office was so big ($530 million domestically) that we had underestimated how ready fans were to reboot the franchise,” he says. “The worst thing you could do now that you’ve gotten the plane back in the air is mess up the landing.” [Talking about sequels and a third movie] “I don’t know why they’re hard to do,” Nolan says. “Maybe there’s so much expectation to them. But I wouldn’t want to do one if it weren’t going to be as good as the first or second. That’s not respectful to the fans.” Nolan also points out his reasons for not putting outtakes or deleted scenes on the DVD - not a single extra scene involving The Joker: Nolan says he wasn’t keeping deleted scenes from fans. “For my past three films, I really haven’t had scenes that didn’t make it in the movie,” he says. “If it’s in the final script, I tend put it on screen.” Any outtakes, however, were intentionally left off the DVD. “I don’t like outtakes or gag reels,” Nolan says. “I don’t think it’s respectful to the actors, who signed on to have their performance on screen, not the takes that didn’t work out. It discourages actors from going all-out if they think every mistake is going on the disc.”[/quote] http://batman-dark-knight.moviechronicles.com/2008-12/nolan-interview-in-usa-today-deleted-scenes-and-sequel/

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)