Login

A challenge for trinitarians

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

Yeah, I know, it's all been done, right? I just had a thought, and I thought I'd present it to the trinitarians as an exercise. We all know (I hope) that the word "trinity" does not appear anywhere in the Bible. I will concede the point that this, in ITSELF, does not mean the idea of trinity is wrong. So my challenge is this: CAN you explain the idea of trinity using ONLY biblical concepts? In other words, I don't want to hear about a "G-dhead" because that's not in the Bible either. Nor am I looking for extra-biblical analogies. An analogy is okay... if it's biblical. But I've heard probably dozens of trinity analogies, and it doesn't make it any more biblical.

MaddMatt

17 year(s) ago

[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote]Yeah, I know, it's all been done, right? I just had a thought, and I thought I'd present it to the trinitarians as an exercise. We all know (I hope) that the word "trinity" does not appear anywhere in the Bible. I will concede the point that this, in ITSELF, does not mean the idea of trinity is wrong. So my challenge is this: CAN you explain the idea of trinity using ONLY biblical concepts? In other words, I don't want to hear about a "G-dhead" because that's not in the Bible either. Nor am I looking for extra-biblical analogies. An analogy is okay... if it's biblical. But I've heard probably dozens of trinity analogies, and it doesn't make it any more biblical.[/quote] This one is actually quite simple. No problem. However, I would have to use the New Testement, some of Paul's writings, and some of What Jesus Himself said... As I said, no problem... but first I want you to ask your question using only Biblical terms, and no extrabiblical words such as "idea" or "analogies" or for that fact the word "Bible" or even "Biblical" You must ask your question only using Scripture verses, and Biblical vocabulary... you can not cut and paste, and you must keep everything in context... Then, once you have asked your question in those terms which you wish to impress upon others, then I will take the time to answer it. This should be fun! :woohoo: B) -Matt

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)