Login

A thought on the War on Drugs

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

I don't know how this never occurred to me before... Since Bush took office, a lot of the discussion on drugs has been focused on what people support when they buy drugs, right? Really, it is a valid argument, except that it's usually focused on marijuana, which tends to be grown either in the Caribbean or right here in America, which clearly doesn't support terrorism. But what about Cola beverages? They still use Coca leaves, the same plant from which cocaine is extracted. It's true that there is no longer cocaine IN the drinks, since they switched from fresh to "spent" leaves (leaves with the cocaine extracted out already) all those decades ago. But still.. Buying a coke supports cocaine farmers. Does anyone really think they're just throwing all that cocaine away? Does anyone imagine Coca Cola is the big money customer for these cocaine farmers? It seems to me that they are in the business of producing cocaine, and are simply selling Coke (and other companies) their garbage. I'm not sure I can drink most sodas anymore. What does anybody think?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)