Login

A word on Hanukkah (the Feast of Dedication)

barry

16 year(s) ago

[b]John 10:22 - "Now there came to be the Dedications in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the sanctuary in the portico of Solomon."[/b] Hanukkah is the second feast of Tabernacles, 70 days after the actual feast of Tabernacles. The first Tabernacles is a harvest feast, the second Tabernacles (Hanukkah) is presumably, the second harvest feast. Of course there is no harvest in the middle of winter, but Hanukkah represents the second chance or second coming, presumably at the end of time (the dead of winter). The passage in Daniel ([b]Dan 12:12[/b]) also apparently alludes to Hanukkah: 1260 days to Yom Kippur 5 days to Sukkot and 70 days to Hanukkah 1260+5+70=1335. [b]Daniel 12:12 - "Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred thirty-five days"[/b] Hmm........

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

.... can you explain that a little further? I was confused before the very end. Yes, I can see that 1260 + 5 + 70 = 1335 But personally, I got hung up trying to figure out how the heck Yom Kippur has anywhere close to 1260 days.

barry

16 year(s) ago

The seven seasons refers to the seven harvests, the seventh time is the final harvest (presumably at the end of time). Seven seasons = 7x6 months = 42 months Seven seasons = 7x6x30 days = 1260 days This can also be rendered "a time times and half a time" = 3 ½ years There are two harvests or seasons in the year the early and late harvest, Shavaot (Pentecost) and Sukkot (the Feast of Booths). The final judgment occurs on the last Yom Kippur (presumably), The final harvest occurs on Sukkot. Even the end of time is not the end but the beginning of yet another cycle. Hanukkah marks this rededication,

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)