Login

complicated friend problems. Very complicated.

angelofheaven

13 year(s) ago

6 months ago my family decided to leave the church we were attending. To make it short, my best friends dad took it personal and now is mad at my dad. And as a result he will not let his 'kids' hang out with us. He said we can come to their house though. However, my dad said we can't purely because he doesn't trust..., well, lets call him John. He doesn't trust John not to confront us and/or make us feel bad or be mean. And my friend kinda disappeard when all of this started. Its been 6 months! I could handle my old youth group and the youth leaders, and even some of the poeple from the church building not talking to me anymore. But my best friend?! And I know its not all his fault. John has been telling his fam bad (faulty) stuff about us. But this hurts. and I don't know what to do!

sarahwilson625

13 year(s) ago

I've never been in that situation before but I can imagine how you feel.:( And I also know that God will always be there for you, even in the darkest of times, so please don't give up. You and your friend could someday be reunited. But,(I don't want to say this) maybe it's for the best that you haven't seen your friend. I mean have you met any other friends that you never would have met if you and your friend were still, well, friends? And if so, have you learned things that have helped you? Maybe even they have helped you mature spiritually? Anyway, I'm no expert in giving advice but I do know God always has a reason for everything he does even if it seems like there is reason for something to happen. Trust me, I just re-learned that when my great-aunt passed away. So I hope this helped you at least a little bit, but if not sorry!:( -Sarah P.S. This is like the best grammar I have EVER had! ;) Plus, I usually don't type this well! hahah! (<-see)

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

I've been in a somewhat similar situation before. My family was kicked out of a church because somebody was spreading gossip about my mom having an affair (she wasn't). The leadership forbade its members from hanging out with us. For a while, I wasn't able to talk to any of my friends. While this may not help too much since all my friends left that church so we can actually hang out now, I just want to let you know that you aren't alone, and I managed to make a lot of new friends because of the situation.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)