Login

Eating God's animals!

Wizkid

18 year(s) ago

Do you think its OK to eat god’s animals? Are they not individuals like you, or me? In the Adam and Eve story (the perfect world) “And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” Gen. 1:29-30 The plants are for food and not animals. The fact is why would god want us to inflict pain on others (human or non-human) What’s your views?

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

1. When Jesus fed the 5000, he fed them fish along with the bread 2. Acts 10:9-15 9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." 14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." 15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." 3. Exodus 11:1-3 1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, 2 "Say to the Israelites: 'Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: Just to say that he told them that he could eat them. 4. Deuteronomy 12:15 Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the LORD your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. 5. In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, Jesus said that they killed a fatted calf and ate it I could give you many more examples of why it is ok to eat animals for food, but I will leave it at this for now

horsechic1990

18 year(s) ago

I personally have no issues whatsoever with eating meat, 'cause I believe that God gave us the animals to eat (I could have sworn it said something like that in the Bible, but I could be wrong). I was raised on meat and I personally couldn't stand being a vegetarian. I haven't read the entire Bible yet either, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that it's a sin to eat meat, so therefore I don't think it is a sin to eat meat. I hope that helps!

MaddMatt

18 year(s) ago

LOL! Sriously.... I had to stop laughing so that I could tpye this... Okay... here is the deal... You know what God says about eating meat... He says if it offends thy brother then don't do it (in his presence)... other then He says... ANYTHING He deems clean is clean! That was so that they could eat pork! So the Bible says that we are able to eat all meat. It also says that if you want to be a vegetarian... then I need to respect that... which I do.... but don't try to tell me I shoudn't eat meat... Wow that web site was funny! I wonder if any of them have ever read the Bible? Hmmm... I doubt it... Fake Fish!!! Blahhhaaaaaa! -Matt

MaddMatt

18 year(s) ago

By The Way... I love the question.. it is a great one to start a debate! Thanks Wizkid! You Rock! -Matt

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

Just in case anybody misinterprets my earlier post (which has happened several times) as something mean or condemning let me say this: I am not trying to say that everyone should eat meat. If they want to be a vegetarian, I respect that and it is certainly fine. I was just stating the fact that it is not wroong by any means to eat meat

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

ooo and by the way.... that site is absolutely hilarious..... i still cant stop laughing

xLisax

18 year(s) ago

If God cared so much about us not hurting his animals -- he would not have asked that sacrifices of animals be made unto him. Now if you personally think that it is wrong to eat animals -- then that's fine -- there are lots of people who are vegetarians -- and I really respect them because I know that not eating meat is a strong moral to them - - and they hold onto that strongly. So if you decide that you don't think it is right to eat animals because it causes them pain and kills them -- then I think that maybe becoming a vegetarian would put your mind at ease - - but other than that God doesn't mind if you're using animals as food.

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

um...something on that site I just wanted to clear up, although I know most people can look at the site and understand how...falsified the information is, let me just say this. The word "dominion" which they use in the scripture "take dominion over them" is the word...well...let me just copy and paste: רדה râdâh raw-daw' A primitive root; to tread down, that is, subjugate; specifically to crumble off: - (come to, make to) have dominion, prevail against, reign, (bear, make to) rule, (-r, over), take.

duckie2six

17 year(s) ago

[b]DHfan wrote:[/b] [quote]1. When Jesus fed the 5000, he fed them fish along with the bread 2. Acts 10:9-15 9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." 14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." 15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." 3. Exodus 11:1-3 1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, 2 "Say to the Israelites: 'Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: Just to say that he told them that he could eat them. 4. Deuteronomy 12:15 Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the LORD your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. 5. In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, Jesus said that they killed a fatted calf and ate it I could give you many more examples of why it is ok to eat animals for food, but I will leave it at this for now[/quote] Good one! I agree. See I so have respect for htose who are vegetarians there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I do think it is ok to eat meat. As DH said, Jesus fed the five thousand with fish and bread, He did not have to do that. He could have just said,"Let their bellies be full." But He decided to feed them bread, along with fish. So there is my answer. =)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)