Login

Ectasies of Myrna Nazzour

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

Well regardless of whether catholics worship mary or not the lady Myrna was worshipping her. And Myrna is saying that Mary is more than human since she has the power to reveal herself to us and speak to us thru God. Which is compeltely false. Mary was only a blessed human...no mroe no less. and she cannot come to us in visions since she is not an angel nor is she God.

Post edited by: Emmy89, at: 2006/08/24 21:31

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

[b]Emmy89 wrote:[/b] [quote]Well regardless of whether catholics worship mary or not the lady Myrna was worshipping her. And Myrna is saying that Mary is more than human since she has the power to reveal herself to us and speak to us thru God. Which is compeltely false. Mary was only a blessed human...no mroe no less. and she cannot come to us in visions since she is not an angel nor is she God.<br><br>Post edited by: Emmy89, at: 2006/08/24 21:31[/quote] As I've said before Emmy its not worshipping Mary,its reverance.There is big difference.The church wouldn't have aproved her if she worshipped idols.

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

Ok, sry i guess i'm wrong about the worshipping part:) BUT:) They're still claiming that she's mroe than human and has special God-like powers...

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

[b]Emmy89 wrote:[/b] [quote]Ok, sry i guess i'm wrong about the worshipping part:) BUT:) They're still claiming that she's mroe than human and has special God-like powers...[/quote] Who says this can you provide proof?

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

well... the God-like powers is a little odd, but to believe that Mary can intercede for us to God is a very misguided principle... there is no evidence in the Bible to support that, anywhere

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

Well saying that Mary can appear to us in visions sounds like a pretty big claim in-deed, and the only person that can do that is God, or an angel that he's given that power to. NOT a dead human

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

Elijah and Moses appeared to the apostles and Jesus. Its not that farfeched that God would use Mary.Everything she does is for the by and sake and glory of the son ,and because she loves us and cares about us.

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

[b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote]Elijah and Moses appeared to the apostles and Jesus. Its not that farfeched that God would use Mary.Everything she does is for the by and sake and glory of the son ,and because she loves us and cares about us.[/quote] Elijah and Moses appeared before CHrist and talked to Him. They didn't give any messages to people. Now I don't understand this, maybe someone else can help me out:), but I know that they didn't bring themselves Christ did, and Mary cannot just do whatever she pleases.

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

[b]Emmy89 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote]Elijah and Moses appeared to the apostles and Jesus. Its not that farfeched that God would use Mary.Everything she does is for the by and sake and glory of the son ,and because she loves us and cares about us.[/quote] Elijah and Moses appeared before CHrist and talked to Him. They didn't give any messages to people. Now I don't understand this, maybe someone else can help me out:), but I know that they didn't bring themselves Christ did, and Mary cannot just do whatever she pleases.[/quote] What is it exactly you want to know?

MaddMatt

17 year(s) ago

Chantillion, I have stayed out of this.... but I do have one question that is off topic... since Llywen brought it up. As far as I can remeber (from religion class) there have only been two times in history in which the pope has exercised "ex cathedra." And one of those times, it was only to say that "ex cathedra was real." ? Is this correct? I mean, we protestants always make such a big deal about the infallible pope theory, but that has only been exercised twice... that I know of. Any insight into that?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)