Login

Evolution

Psalm84-10

17 year(s) ago

This is a message to all who think evolution is true: There hasn' been enough [b]time[/b], [b]space[/b], or [b]matter[/b] for evolution to ever have occured. Even if the Earth was 500 billion years old, that's still not enough time for evolution to occur. Proteins are assembled amino acids correct? How did the information to assemble the amino acids into proteins get there? It didn't evolve!! It had to have been put there by an intelligent being. Scientists have studied the DNA inside our bodies and have been atounded at how it provides information to make all of the necessary proteins out of which our bodies are built. Each one of the 30,000 genes that are on our chromosomes can produce as many as 20,500 different kinds of proteins!!!

Psalm84-10

17 year(s) ago

The "soup" is a subject which is sooo widely accepted that people fail to realize that there is no possible evidence for it!! Jim Brooks, a geochemist, said, "The nitrogen content of earlyorganic matter is low- just [b]0.15%[/b]. From this we can be reasonably certain that there was never any substantial amount of 'primitive soup' on Earth when pre-Cambrian sediments were formed; if ever such a soup ever existed it was only for a brief period of time." If the "soup" ever existed, it would have been rich in amino acids. Therefore, there would have been a lot of nitrogen, because amino acids are nitrogenous. The earliest organic material has [b]0.15%[/b] nitrogen. Michael Denton, a geneticist, said, "Considering the way the prebiotic soup is referred to in so many discussions of the origin of life as an already established reaity, it comes as somethimg of a shock to realize that there is absolutely no positive evidence for its existence."

Post edited by: Psalm84_10, at: 2007/01/24 23:07

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

I don't think Creation will ever be taught in most schools because it is endorsing a religious view of how the world was created, and schools seem to want to only stick with secular views and opinions. I don't believe that evolution should be taught, because it is too controversial and is taught like it's the correct way that earth was created and anyone who believes otherwise is a nutcase! If it is ever taught in school, I believe that Creation should be taught right along with it too! I think evolution has changed society and is accepted because it has scientific evidence while Creation does not (at least not that I know of). horsechic1990

Radio

17 year(s) ago

Creationism needs to stay where it is now: in church. Although i don't believe in the full theory, Evolution is not a biased source. It does not involve God while at the same time not excluding the idea of God. Creationism however, is a biased approach made by theists, specifically Christians. And yes, Atheists do exist. Not to mention, if you taught Creationism, you'd have to teach every religious aspect and point of view that comes with it. Including Islam, Paganism, Satanism, Scientology, even Jedism. Even though your child might be learning something you disagree with, tell them why it's against your beliefs, and let them decide for themselves which is right. Pushing Creationism into Public Schools as a form of Science is like banning Harry Potter books...

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

[b]Radio wrote:[/b] [quote]Creationism needs to stay where it is now: in church. Although i don't believe in the full theory, Evolution is not a biased source. It does not involve God while at the same time not excluding the idea of God. Creationism however, is a biased approach made by theists, specifically Christians. And yes, Atheists do exist. Not to mention, if you taught Creationism, you'd have to teach every religious aspect and point of view that comes with it. Including Islam, Paganism, Satanism, Scientology, even Jedism. Even though your child might be learning something you disagree with, tell them why it's against your beliefs, and let them decide for themselves which is right. Pushing Creationism into Public Schools as a form of Science is like banning Harry Potter books...[/quote] See that one point is exactly what I think - Teach it to the kids, and let them know that there is some debate. Soooo... what's the problem with teaching them about multiple worldviews? I learned the 5 tenets of Islam in public schools. Why should I be banned from learning the 10 commandments in the same school? Vincent- Yeah, it's more plausible, and less of a leap of faith. The title alone tells me it's biased, because modern evolutionists ADMIT that Darwin WAS indeed wrong, on several points. They simply take the remaining darwinist theory to create modern evolution (evolutionary origin) theory.

vincent-buddy

17 year(s) ago

[quote][b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] Yeah, it's more plausible, and less of a leap of faith. [/quote] Evolution doesn't require Faith. [quote]The title alone tells me it's biased, because modern evolutionists ADMIT that Darwin WAS indeed wrong, on several points. They simply take the remaining darwinist theory to create modern evolution (evolutionary origin) theory.[/quote] 1) Wrong on what accounts? 2) Do you know what a scientific theory is?

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

[b]vincent wrote:[/b] [quote] Evolution doesn't require Faith. [/quote] You can keep saying that till the cows come home, it will never make it true. You have faith in that which you cannot prove, just like we do. There are supposedly six kinds of evolution. One has been been observed. That makes belief that all these six are true... a leap of faith! You want us to believe that we evolved from single celled organisms, yet the only mutations we HAVE observed have made the genetic code simpler, never more complex. That makes belief that we evolved from single celled organisms.... A leap of faith! And yet, even if the above were true, where did that single celled organism come from? Evolutionary origin proponents can't answer that one at ALL! The discovery of DNA sent the theory from implausible to downright impossible. But some people don't want to believe in G-d. So to hold onto this DISbelief, they attach themselves to a theory with NO explanation for how life started on the planet... A theory which, in fact, flies in the FACE of accepted scientific fact (biogenesis- life only comes from other life), making the whole thing... A leap of faith! There's nothing wrong with having faith in something you can't prove. Just don't fool yourself into thinking there is evidence for this stuff, when the evidence says it's impossible.

Post edited by: MattBob_SquarePants, at: 2007/03/06 12:04

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

I thought I already showed you an article where scientists observed organisms mutating into more complex organisms. When people say there is evidence for evolution is does not mean that it has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. But the fact is that is the only theory that has evidence supporting it.

vincent-buddy

17 year(s) ago

[quote][b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] You can keep saying that till the cows come home, it will never make it true. You have faith in that which you cannot prove, just like we do. There are supposedly six kinds of evolution. One has been been observed. That makes belief that all these six are true... a leap of faith![/quote] Wrong, there's only one kind, the differential survival of organisms following their naturally occurring variation--a process called termed "natural selection." It serves as the corner stone of modern Biology. Offspring of organisms differ from one another and from their parents in ways that are heritable--that is, they can pass on the differences genetically to their own offspring. Furthermore, organisms in nature typically produce more offspring than can survive and reproduce given the constraints of food, space, and other environmental resources. If a particular off spring has traits that give it an advantage in a particular environment, that organism will be more likely to survive and pass on those traits. As differences accumulate over generations, populations of organisms diverge from their ancestors. [quote]You want us to believe that we evolved from single celled organisms,[/quote] Evolution doesn't deal with the explanation for the origin of life, it deals with the diversity of life. It pays to know what you're arguing against before opening your mouth. [quote]yet the only mutations we HAVE observed have made the genetic code simpler, never more complex. That makes belief that we evolved from single celled organisms.... A leap of faith![/quote] Provide examples son. [quote]And yet, even if the above were true, where did that single celled organism come from? Evolutionary origin proponents can't answer that one at ALL! The discovery of DNA sent the theory from implausible to downright impossible. But some people don't want to believe in G-d. So to hold onto this DISbelief, they attach themselves to a theory with NO explanation for how life started on the planet... A theory which, in fact, flies in the FACE of accepted scientific fact (biogenesis- life only comes from other life), making the whole thing... A leap of faith![/quote] Life's origins do have an explanation. you just get your information from crackpot websites, such as Answersingenesis.com, trueorigin.org, etc. False lies without a credibility of science behind their claims. You need to demonstrate how the discovery of DNA refutes evolutionary science, if anything it's one of it's strongest pieces of evidence. [quote]There's nothing wrong with having faith in something you can't prove. Just don't fool yourself into thinking there is evidence for this stuff, when the evidence says it's impossible.<br><br>Post edited by: MattBob_SquarePants, at: 2007/03/06 12:04[/quote] If there isn't evidence for evolution and how species evolve and mutate then explain the following ( which according to you, is nto evidence) 1) Antibiotics 2) The Nylon bug 3) Why humans and primates share the exact same mutation that prevents both groups from producing vitamin C. How do you explain the incredibly small odds that we share the exact same mutation with one of our 'primate' relatives, let alone that they share them with the other primates as well? 4) Endogenous retroviral inserts

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

Well, since you think it's all scientifically proven, here. Go make yourself rich. http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=67&kws=250,000 There are indeed 6, and "natural selection" is not one of them. Cosmic evolution, chemical evolution, stellar evolution, organic evolution, macro evolution, and micro evolution. Now we could break these down, and disprove each one on its own, (and in the case of micro-evolution, show that it's not really even a theory OF evolution), but it sounds like you might need a little time to catch up on your reading first. >Evolution doesn't deal with the explanation for the origin of life, it deals with the diversity of life. It pays to know what you're arguing against before opening your mouth. It sure does. Google "Organic evolution." >Provide examples son. Aside from the unnecessary show of disrespect... you want me to show an example of something I don't believe exists? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof If you think there ARE examples where mutation has been shown to create a more complex genetic code, by all means provide them. It won't exactly prove evolution, but at least it'll show it's possible. >Life's origins do have an explanation. you just get your information from crackpot websites, such as Answersingenesis.com, trueorigin.org, etc. False lies without a credibility of science behind their claims. LOL! THAT didn't take long! Out come the strawmen arguments, and the mighty Vincent, slayer of the vicious strawmen. I never said I got any information from those sites, so I don't know what you're doing here. And what IS a "false lie" anyway? >If there isn't evidence for evolution and how species evolve and mutate then explain the following ( which according to you, is nto evidence) I'm not gonna play that game. Your earlier assertion that there was only one kind of evolution shows me that you're no more a biologist than I am. We could play "my website can beat up your website" all day, but frankly, I've got better things to do. Like I said, since it's all so scientifically accurate, go collect your $250,000 and then come rub it in our faces.

Post edited by: MattBob_SquarePants, at: 2007/03/06 13:21

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)