Login

God, Holy Spirit

Son-Of-Fire

12 year(s) ago

There's been a lot of discussion on whether or not Jesus is God. However, I don't believe I remember any discussion about Holy Spirit. But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God." (Act 5:3-4) So who did he lie to? First Peter said he lied to the Holy Spirit, then he said he lied to God. It looks to me like he is saying they are One.

larry229

12 year(s) ago

Yeah he is. There's no contradiction there with Judaism. The Holy Spirit is called the Ruach HaKodesh in Hebrew :)

Son-Of-Fire

12 year(s) ago

Hmm... I think I remember Brandon saying that he doesn't believe the Holy Spirit is God... Might be wrong about that though.

lonikelam

12 year(s) ago

Some say the passage that was mentioned in Matthew 28 did not originally contain the Trinitarian doctrine in it, but that it was added later by either Constantine or the Catholic church. Any light someone can shed on this?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)