Login

Goths

Bittersweet

17 year(s) ago

Can Goths and Emos and Punks be Christians too? When people stereotype these people, they see them as members of Wicca (the Satanist religion) or just flat out atheists or something. What do you believe? Can these people be Christians?

hexisxmyxrefuge

17 year(s) ago

Heck yes they can! Ever heard of an Acts 29 church? Try going to one of those sometime... you'll see more than your fair share of goths/punks etc etc.

so-cdog

17 year(s) ago

Yes, goth people can be saved. What I have against goths, though is that people judge you by how you dress. If you dress in a way that suggests Satanism, then many people will fail to see Christ in you. Also, the Bible says things like "Do not be conformed to the ways of this world" or "You are the Temple of God, because God Himself is in you." Christians should dress different. I'm not saying we should all dress boring, but we should definetly be different from the world and look like a temple of God.

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

[b]Bittersweet wrote:[/b] [quote]Can Goths and Emos and Punks be Christians too? When people stereotype these people, they see them as members of Wicca (the Satanist religion) or just flat out atheists or something. What do you believe? Can these people be Christians?[/quote] tsk tsk tsk.. First off, Yes! OF COURSE they can! Secondly, Wicca is NOT the "satanist religion". SATANISM isn't even the satanist religion. They actually worship the self, not satan. There IS no one "satanic religion" because satan doesn't care WHAT you worship, as long as it isn't G-d.

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

[b]hexisxmyxrefuge wrote:[/b] [quote]Heck yes they can! Ever heard of an Acts 29 church? Try going to one of those sometime... you'll see more than your fair share of goths/punks etc etc.[/quote] (there's no Acts 29.. is there?)

hexisxmyxrefuge

17 year(s) ago

[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote][b]hexisxmyxrefuge wrote:[/b] [quote]Heck yes they can! Ever heard of an Acts 29 church? Try going to one of those sometime... you'll see more than your fair share of goths/punks etc etc.[/quote] (there's no Acts 29.. is there?)[/quote] Bravo! You're the only one who noticed.:) Acts 29 congregations are a new movement in the US and somewhat internationally. Basically, their mission is to carry on the Acts of the apostles and continue their works (hence Acts 29). I haven't personally been to one, but Donald Miller, my favorite author speaks about one he goes to in his book Blue Like Jazz, and my pastor went to one recently. They're really full of young adults and youth. It's definately something I wanna go check out. [url]http://www.acts29network.org/[/url]

sonoftheking

17 year(s) ago

[b]Bittersweet wrote:[/b] [quote]Can Goths and Emos and Punks be Christians too? When people stereotype these people, they see them as members of Wicca (the Satanist religion) or just flat out atheists or something. What do you believe? Can these people be Christians?[/quote]Yes obviously they can. But will they or can they stay goth or emo after converting. I say NO. Because along with being goth comes a world view, that is totally unbiblical. Depression, anger, anger at them selves, hence the cutting. Goth in its self is almost a religon, a religon of to me of grossness. Course i am not christian but....:whistle:

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)