Login

guy trouble

angelofheaven

17 year(s) ago

I've known this guy since 3rd grade ( we're freshman now) and we'vge "hooked up" several times but everytime he has let me down. Now he is saying that he's changed and willing to do anything to prove it. I really like him but don't know what to do. I just don't want to be hurt again. Does anyone have any advice for me?

maul93461

17 year(s) ago

[b]angelofheaven wrote:[/b] [quote]I've known this guy since 3rd grade ( we're freshman now) and we'vge "hooked up" several times but everytime he has let me down. Now he is saying that he's changed and willing to do anything to prove it. I really like him but don't know what to do. I just don't want to be hurt again. Does anyone have any advice for me?[/quote] First off I'm confused on what you mean by "hooked up?" Are you talking relationship wise or intimately? Second of all, (since your currently 14 and a freshman) I would probably try to stay out of a bf/gf relationship at the moment. Again thats advice that you probably will not want to hear, but I wouldn't be much of a brother in Christ if I didn't say that to you. My advice is to stay friends and follow Jesus. Boys at that age and even ones in my age group are looking for something else beside relationship. And thats dangerous if your trying to keep your eyes on God and stay pure. Hope this helps.

JamesRaio

17 year(s) ago

[b]angelofheaven wrote:[/b] [quote]I've known this guy since 3rd grade ( we're freshman now) and we'vge "hooked up" several times but everytime he has let me down. Now he is saying that he's changed and willing to do anything to prove it. I really like him but don't know what to do. I just don't want to be hurt again. Does anyone have any advice for me?[/quote] Have a long cooling off period and observe from afar if his fruits are good.

maul93461

17 year(s) ago

[b]JamesRaio wrote:[/b] [quote][b]angelofheaven wrote:[/b] [quote]I've known this guy since 3rd grade ( we're freshman now) and we'vge "hooked up" several times but everytime he has let me down. Now he is saying that he's changed and willing to do anything to prove it. I really like him but don't know what to do. I just don't want to be hurt again. Does anyone have any advice for me?[/quote] Have a long cooling off period and observe from afar if his fruits are good.[/quote] I tend to disagree with this brother even though I understand where your going with it. Even if the fruits of this young man were holy and of the Lord, I would still tell her to "sit out the dance" so to speak. She needs to build up her relationship with the Lord and trust in His guidance in this. I'm not sure how long of a "cooling off period" you were talking about so I threw this little advice in there. But otherwise good spiritual wisdom.

AdrianT

17 year(s) ago

just tell him that you just want to be friends:)

Boots95

16 year(s) ago

I would give him a chance :kiss: :kiss:

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)