Login

Harry Potter -NOW OPEN!

MisterNathan

16 year(s) ago

[b]Gamester4 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote]What is truly scary is that the parents of many children are ignorant as to spiritual warfare, and spiritual entities. Comparing Star Wars (I am not saying that it is a good Christian movie) to Harry Potter is not a good example. There are two sides to Star Wars, Light and Dark / Good and Evil. This is a plausible representation of Heaven and Hell, although not a very accurate one. I am not saying that Star Wars is a good representation of Biblical teachings! I am saying that Harry Potter presents witchcraft as harmless fun. Star Wars presents the Dark side as wrong, and evil, and undesirable. If the “force” were replaced with “spiritual relm” in Star Wars, there would be the Godly side, and the ungodly side. Let us focus on Harry Potter though… Harry Potter involves sorcery and witchcraft. The entire series revolves around this theme, and they all go to the school of magic. What is wrong with this, is that these things are real. Satan does have demons, and spirits on this earth that work in supernatural ways through magic, and witchcraft. Here is the real kicker. Guess what! You don’t even have to believe in Satan, witchcraft, or magic for Satan to entice you, and entrap you in his snare. You don’t have to believe in supernatural spiritual happenings, in order for Satan to prove himself to you. Satan would love for kids to “test” him and see if things really can happen through the very things that are being taught in Harry Potter. The fact is, the Harry Potter books do nothing but 1) Glorify Satan 2) Entice children to dabble in witchcraft 3) Pull children away from God Ignorance is no excuse in Heaven. We justify allowing children in Christian homes to read this demonic stuff through ignorance.[/quote] any scripture here? and before maddmatt bans my account i wuold like to say this is not meant as a blast on him but just asking if there are scriptures in his posts when he is continually telling us to use scripture[/quote] Again, see: entire thread. There have been sufficient Scripture posted on the anti-Harry Potter side, but little to no Scripture posted on the pro-Harry Potter side. As I recall, there hasn't been any, actually.

Gamester4

16 year(s) ago

[b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Gamester4 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote]What is truly scary is that the parents of many children are ignorant as to spiritual warfare, and spiritual entities. Comparing Star Wars (I am not saying that it is a good Christian movie) to Harry Potter is not a good example. There are two sides to Star Wars, Light and Dark / Good and Evil. This is a plausible representation of Heaven and Hell, although not a very accurate one. I am not saying that Star Wars is a good representation of Biblical teachings! I am saying that Harry Potter presents witchcraft as harmless fun. Star Wars presents the Dark side as wrong, and evil, and undesirable. If the “force” were replaced with “spiritual relm” in Star Wars, there would be the Godly side, and the ungodly side. Let us focus on Harry Potter though… Harry Potter involves sorcery and witchcraft. The entire series revolves around this theme, and they all go to the school of magic. What is wrong with this, is that these things are real. Satan does have demons, and spirits on this earth that work in supernatural ways through magic, and witchcraft. Here is the real kicker. Guess what! You don’t even have to believe in Satan, witchcraft, or magic for Satan to entice you, and entrap you in his snare. You don’t have to believe in supernatural spiritual happenings, in order for Satan to prove himself to you. Satan would love for kids to “test” him and see if things really can happen through the very things that are being taught in Harry Potter. The fact is, the Harry Potter books do nothing but 1) Glorify Satan 2) Entice children to dabble in witchcraft 3) Pull children away from God Ignorance is no excuse in Heaven. We justify allowing children in Christian homes to read this demonic stuff through ignorance.[/quote] any scripture here? and before maddmatt bans my account i wuold like to say this is not meant as a blast on him but just asking if there are scriptures in his posts when he is continually telling us to use scripture[/quote] Again, see: entire thread. There have been sufficient Scripture posted on the anti-Harry Potter side, but little to no Scripture posted on the pro-Harry Potter side. As I recall, there hasn't been any, actually.[/quote] i was just bringing up points where he didnt use scripture which means that he isn't following his own rule

areanne

16 year(s) ago

i dont know if anyone mentioned this...but oh well... yeah harry potter has witchcraft..woohoo scary..but j.k. rowling actually wrote the harry potter stuff for a meaning.. to show kids good & evil (harry & voldamort) & also kinda a jesus thing when harry's mom died to save him

april-fools-baby

16 year(s) ago

Harry Potter was a work of fiction. It did not have real spells in it, it did not teach to follow Satan, so I do not see anything wrong with it. The only time it would be bad for someone to read Harry Potter is if that person had a hard time seperating reality from imagination. I am a Harry Potter fan and I had gone to a Christian school when I was little and they wouldn't let us read Harry Potter and I never understood that.

alphajustin

16 year(s) ago

forgive me if someone posted this already but i wasn't about to read all 10 pages to see if it had.lol harry potter reminds me of Mary the mother of Jesus. sounds like an odd comparison for many reasons, so let me explain. what would be the best way to distract someone from something that was good? offer them something else that was good. or at least make it look good. it has to be a very very good counterfeit. i find it interesting that the devil is the great counterfeiter. i don't think i even have to reference the verse, we should all know it. so now on to Mary. i truly believe that Mary is a great woman above all women but in no way is she divine or the queen of heaven, or can receive prayer or worship. no where in the bible is there any indication that Mary was divine or had powers of our lord Jesus. Furthermore the scriptures say that Jesus is the ONLY mediator between God and man. BUT......she sure does come in a very pretty second place to Jesus being that she is his mother. i don't think its any surprise that many modern catholic churches recognize Mary as the co-redeemer. its the easiest way to distract them from Jesus. after all Mary is the mother of Jesus. and she was blessed among all women. why shouldn't she be the queen of heaven. cute reasoning but its just not biblical or logical. the devil wants people to worship Mary and not Jesus. in fact he want anything that will draw attention away from Jesus. so now how does this apply to harry potter?? pretty simple. the Scriptures say not to even tamper with witchcraft. don't play with it, or test it, or even sniff it, and def don't think its cool! or that its harmless. the minute as Christians we think that getting our children interested in movies based around something that is witchcraft then we are in trouble. as adults we tend to view it as harmless. after all, no child has cast a spell on me yet.... however here is the error of this idea. if we accept harry potter because it has some "good" things in it, like the good vs. evil battle but we don't recognize that is still a movie that condones the idea of witchcraft, then WE also condone witchcraft. but you say they are good movies......just fun......no harm being done. you just like the story line. thats cute and all, inst that what we say about all sin. ooh what harm is it? just lil here. just lil there. I'm not hurting anyone. But you really are. Jesus said "a kingdom divided against itself will NOT stand." you cannot mix light and darkness for what relationship can good have with evil. bottom line, good and evil can NEVER co-exist. something is either good or bad. no in-between. in the scriptures, Amos said that before we gave our hearts to God we were his enemies!! Harry potter can never be good because it contains witchcraft. even if its a good story or a so-called moral lesson. also consider that the scriptures say that when we die we will be held accountable for every idle work we ever spoke. this is every word that did not advance the kingdom of God. I'm sure that also applies to our actions, and habits. this includes the movies we promote. if you "don't see anything wrong" with harry snotter then you are not looking very hard. The devil doesn't need the entire door open to get his foot in the doorway. he just needs us to crack it open for him a little bit. id love to hear your thoughts. please don't be shy. blessings Justin

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)