Login

Hating your own sin

Ronronrea

14 year(s) ago

I know we are supposed to hate sin, which puts us in agreement with God and under His grace, where personal sin is concerned. However, I have one particular sin (habit, really) that I am guilty of and do NOT hate. I have been convicted of this particular habit, and I have given it up for a short period of time in the past, but I simply do not hate that I do it. I am not sure if there is an underlying problem, such as stubbornness or rebellion, that should be dealt with first, or if dealing with the habit will in turn deal with the underlying problem, or if it matters. I've also been advised in the past that fasting is a good way to meet God on problems like this, but if I enter into fasting with the wrong attitude, will it be worth it? I guess the bottom line is this: how do you learn to hate a sin, and what will be the consequences if I continue not hating it? Thanks!

00bekah00

14 year(s) ago

First off you admins cracked me up...laughter is always a great thing. Better a smartbutt then a dumbbutt ehh. As for your post, I'm right there in the same boat with you. Being a christain and a born again christain the two sins that I have that are REALLY hard for me to give up (I hope this makes you feel better that I'm telling on myself ;) ) is ciggs and weed. I LOVE to smoke both. Its been a thing I pray on pretty much all the time. I think that if you keep praying about it and you keep asking for God's strength that eventually you'll be able to kick the habit whatever it may be. Its not easy at all. I dont think its suppose to be. G'luck hon.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)