Login

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH AND HOW LITTLE IS TOO LITTLE? AS CHRISTAIN TEENS HOW ARE WE EXPECTED TO ACT, DRESS, TALK, AND LIVE? SEEMS LIKE [u]TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH[/u] AND TOO LITTLE IS [b][u]TOO LESS.[/u][/b] SO........WHAT????????:laugh:

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

what the Bible says goes basically.... we need to think that we basically need to act, dress, etc., in a way that would please God.. which would be in a way that would follow what the Bible says

allwaysmiling06

18 year(s) ago

As a woman I try to dress modestly. That does not mean that I wear pilgrim clothes either. I love fashion but I set my own standards on what i think is too short or way too much skin. The main reason I dress how i do... is because I dont want to cause my brothers in Christ to stumble because of me. That is just being selfish and totally wrong. Your drawing the attention to your body in away that kinda says I'm easy. When you show a lot it and then get mad because a guy looks at you that is just stupid... cause you put on those clothes knowing what would happen. Its not fair to our guys and its not fair to you as a lady to be showing almost everything you got. You can still be in fashion and not show everything. That is a summary of my thoughts :) Cheerio!

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

[b]DHfan wrote:[/b] [quote]what the Bible says goes basically.... we need to think that we basically need to act, dress, etc., in a way that would please God.. which would be in a way that would follow what the Bible says[/quote] COOL, THANKS!:) GOD BLESS GOOD!!

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

[b]allwaysmiling06 wrote:[/b] [quote]As a woman I try to dress modestly. That does not mean that I wear pilgrim clothes either. I love fashion but I set my own standards on what i think is too short or way too much skin. The main reason I dress how i do... is because I dont want to cause my brothers in Christ to stumble because of me. That is just being selfish and totally wrong. Your drawing the attention to your body in away that kinda says I'm easy. When you show a lot it and then get mad because a guy looks at you that is just stupid... cause you put on those clothes knowing what would happen. Its not fair to our guys and its not fair to you as a lady to be showing almost everything you got. You can still be in fashion and not show everything. That is a summary of my thoughts :) Cheerio![/quote] TRUE THAT!! THANKS!!:side: GOD BLESS GOOD!!!!!

alphajustin

18 year(s) ago

as far as i see it, this forum topic is just pretty much put to rest by your post.lol very very awesome attitude on modesty.

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

Post edited by: ANGELSFLUTTERBYE, at: 2006/06/26 00:36

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

THE REASON I ASKED THIS QUESTION IS BECAUSE I REALLY NEED 2 KNOW SOMETHING ........HOW MUCH CAN I SERVE THE LORD AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS, SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO MUCH LIKE A MEGA FREAK, PEEPS LOOK AT ME STRANGE IF I TRY TO DO RIGHT... ACT RIGHT... DRESS RIGHT... AND NOT FIND BAD LANGUAGE FUNNY ETC, ETC. I DONT WANNA BE TOOOoooooo WIERED... YA KNOW?????.........:blush: IF U CAN UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS, PLEASE ADVISE:unsure: :blush: :dry: :huh: :( :blink: :side: ;)

allwaysmiling06

18 year(s) ago

hey alrighty let me see if i can hit this part of the subject. As Christians we are not part of this world. I just went to my (secular) college orientation and i was appaled bye the amount of cursing that went on even with the girls! At least every other word was a cuss word. It was hard for me because i used to curse all the time and it took me like 2 years to keep clean. Then there was sooooooooo many sexual inuendos that everyone laughed at and even about the drinking the people were telling us "hey your gonna have sex! Hey your gonna Drink! Everyone will do either of these your first year." I sat there appaled and saddened. While everyone laughed and stuff. I raised my hand and respectfully said not everyone. Gave my case and kept quiet the rest of the time. People I'm sure gossiped. I didnt shove the Lord down their throats. I just told the lady telling us that we would drink, do drugs, and have sex this year, that i would never do that and that she cant use that universal statement because i know pleanty others too...I didnt care. I felt saddend during that whole lecture not because people were making fun. I was the only one who was a christian in the room in fact this one guy didnt know my name so he just called me Temple Baptist (which is the name of my school) even some of my advisors called me that. I totally didnt feel weird or awkward. I became really good friends with this girl and she cursed but she knew to watch it around me. i later was able to share my testimony with her that night. Later on through orientation we all had to sign everyones papers and i signed my name with my life Verse Col 3:23-24. A bunch of guys came up to me and asked me what it was and I was able to share some part of the gospel with them. Theres nothing wrong with being "weird" it is actually a good thing :) I love fashion so if i could shop for myself with someone eles money that would be the bomb! There is pleanty of ways to be fashionable and not show all you got. I just encourage you! if your friends are making fun of you then obviously they arent your friends. Your friends should respect you for not doing certian things. I dress fashionably but yet modestly for God, and my brothers and sisters in christ. No one wants to see you all out there ... if you know what i mean. So i pose this question how can we claim to know the lord and be seperate from the world if we act just like it? :dry: hope that helps

allwaysmiling06

18 year(s) ago

hey alrighty let me see if i can hit this part of the subject. As Christians we are not part of this world. I just went to my (secular) college orientation and i was appaled bye the amount of cursing that went on even with the girls! At least every other word was a cuss word. It was hard for me because i used to curse all the time and it took me like 2 years to keep clean. Then there was sooooooooo many sexual inuendos that everyone laughed at and even about the drinking the people were telling us "hey your gonna have sex! Hey your gonna Drink! Everyone will do either of these your first year." I sat there appaled and saddened. While everyone laughed and stuff. I raised my hand and respectfully said not everyone. Gave my case and kept quiet the rest of the time. People I'm sure gossiped. I didnt shove the Lord down their throats. I just told the lady telling us that we would drink, do drugs, and have sex this year, that i would never do that and that she cant use that universal statement because i know pleanty others too...I didnt care. I felt saddend during that whole lecture not because people were making fun. I was the only one who was a christian in the room in fact this one guy didnt know my name so he just called me Temple Baptist (which is the name of my school) even some of my advisors called me that. I totally didnt feel weird or awkward. I became really good friends with this girl and she cursed but she knew to watch it around me. i later was able to share my testimony with her that night. Later on through orientation we all had to sign everyones papers and i signed my name with my life Verse Col 3:23-24. A bunch of guys came up to me and asked me what it was and I was able to share some part of the gospel with them. Theres nothing wrong with being "weird" it is actually a good thing :) I love fashion so if i could shop for myself with someone eles money that would be the bomb! There is pleanty of ways to be fashionable and not show all you got. I just encourage you! if your friends are making fun of you then obviously they arent your friends. Your friends should respect you for not doing certian things. I dress fashionably but yet modestly for God, and my brothers and sisters in christ. No one wants to see you all out there ... if you know what i mean. So i pose this question how can we claim to know the lord and be seperate from the world if we act just like it? :dry: hope that helps

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)