Login

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH

Lueff

18 year(s) ago

[b]ANGELSFLUTTERBYE wrote:[/b] [quote]THE REASON I ASKED THIS QUESTION IS BECAUSE I REALLY NEED 2 KNOW SOMETHING ........HOW MUCH CAN I SERVE THE LORD AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS, SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO MUCH LIKE A MEGA FREAK, PEEPS LOOK AT ME STRANGE IF I TRY TO DO RIGHT... ACT RIGHT... DRESS RIGHT... AND NOT FIND BAD LANGUAGE FUNNY ETC, ETC. I DONT WANNA BE TOOOoooooo WIERED... YA KNOW?????.........:blush: IF U CAN UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS, PLEASE ADVISE:unsure: :blush: :dry: :huh: :( :blink: :side: ;)[/quote] --- I am honestly offended by this post. You're acting as if Christianity is a wart. You want to be saved, but you also want to put the least amount of effort in that you can. [quote]HOW MUCH CAN I SERVE THE LORD AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS[/quote] You're kidding, right? What? Is serving the Lord a deterrent to having friends? The friends you should have should LOVE that you're serving the Lord! If someone won't be your friend because you're a Christian, good riddance! [quote]SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO MUCH LIKE A MEGA FREAK[/quote] If being a Christian makes you feel like a "mega freak", then you have a poorer view of Christians then all of my agnostic friends do. [quote]PEEPS LOOK AT ME STRANGE IF I TRY TO DO RIGHT... ACT RIGHT... DRESS RIGHT[/quote] Praise the Lord! As Christians, we should do everything BUT fit in with the world! If non-Christians notice that you're doing things *differently*, then chances are you're doing things right! [quote] AND NOT FIND BAD LANGUAGE FUNNY ETC, ETC.[/quote] Are you suggesting that it's a bad thing that you don't find offensive language funny? You shouldn't find it funny! It's not!!! [quote] I DONT WANNA BE TOOOoooooo WIERED... YA KNOW?????.........[/quote] Do you know what the word "Weird" means? It means "Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange." As Christians, we should be wierd. Very weird. I'll explain below. If you are a Christian, people should notice. You should be acting differently, speaking differently, and you should have a completely different outlook on life. When we become Christians, we are "born again". This isn't literal, but reflects that our lives are changed. That change should be visible to the world, and you sound like you're trying to hide it! If serving the Lord too much puts you in risk of losing friends, those friends need to be lost. The problem I see is that you're trying to say "Hm... how can I be a Christian without being TOO MUCH of a Christian?" What you're doing here is weighing Christianity against the World. You want just enough Christianity to be saved, so you can commit the rest of yourself to the World. This is WRONG. Every fiber of your being should be devoted to the Lord. Here's the question: How saved is TOO saved? And if you're honestly looking for friends, why is the Christian community off-limits? Are you incapable of having friends who aren't offended by your religion? [b]Why are you so worried about looking "Christian"???[/b]

Lueff

18 year(s) ago

My freshman year of high school I got called "God-boy" by a couple students who for whatever reason didn't like that I prayed before I ate lunch. It was supposed to be derogatory. The kids who said it to me meant it as an insult, but you know what? I have never felt more proud about an insult in my life.

allwaysmiling06

18 year(s) ago

Wow i so didnt think about it but your right Lueff. Having solid Christian friends has helped me so much in my christian walk. When i was in Jr. High the only things my secular friends got me was in trouble. Last night I got made fun of at work because i wore a cross and I told a "friend" that i had VBS in the morning. She immediately became Hostile and was all So your a Church freak. And I said no I'm a jesus freak. They dont understand why i dont break all of our company policies or why i dont curse and laugh when they do. But its the inner light from Christ that has sparked some curiosity in some of my friends.

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

friends who dont like you cause you're a chirstian aren't really friends.... if they dont like you because of the things you do to follow christ, you dont have any reason to like them yourself.... friends can disagree with you (i have plenty of friends who disagree with my personal views on things), but friends (those who are real friends) cannot dislike you or be angry at you because you are a christian and stand for what is right Personally, I was called "Jesus" in my choir class last year just because of the fact that im a pastor's kid, but that didnt bother me at all...... all the kids that did that actually liked me and thought i was kool.... personally, ive found that i have more friends because I stand for what's right because they know that I am not a follower and stand for what i believe.... people tend to like that more than people who just do what everyone else does.... if they make fun of you, they are just jealous that they dont feel that they have the ability to stand for anything..... With my school friends... I can actually talk to them about spiritual things and actually have good conversations with them and help them at least a little bit Christianity is not a popularity thing.... its what is right

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

TRUE THAT GOD BLESS GOOD:silly:

Post edited by: ANGELSFLUTTERBYE, at: 2006/06/29 15:45

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

[b]Lueff wrote:[/b] [quote][b]ANGELSFLUTTERBYE wrote:[/b] [quote]THE REASON I ASKED THIS QUESTION IS BECAUSE I REALLY NEED 2 KNOW SOMETHING ........HOW MUCH CAN I SERVE THE LORD AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS, SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO MUCH LIKE A MEGA FREAK, PEEPS LOOK AT ME STRANGE IF I TRY TO DO RIGHT... ACT RIGHT... DRESS RIGHT... AND NOT FIND BAD LANGUAGE FUNNY ETC, ETC. I DONT WANNA BE TOOOoooooo WIERED... YA KNOW?????.........:blush: IF U CAN UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS, PLEASE ADVISE:unsure: :blush: :dry: :huh: :( :blink: :side: ;)[/quote] --- I am honestly offended by this post. You're acting as if Christianity is a wart. You want to be saved, but you also want to put the least amount of effort in that you can. [quote]HOW MUCH CAN I SERVE THE LORD AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS[/quote] You're kidding, right? What? Is serving the Lord a deterrent to having friends? The friends you should have should LOVE that you're serving the Lord! If someone won't be your friend because you're a Christian, good riddance! [quote]SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO MUCH LIKE A MEGA FREAK[/quote] If being a Christian makes you feel like a "mega freak", then you have a poorer view of Christians then all of my agnostic friends do. [quote]PEEPS LOOK AT ME STRANGE IF I TRY TO DO RIGHT... ACT RIGHT... DRESS RIGHT[/quote] Praise the Lord! As Christians, we should do everything BUT fit in with the world! If non-Christians notice that you're doing things *differently*, then chances are you're doing things right! [quote] AND NOT FIND BAD LANGUAGE FUNNY ETC, ETC.[/quote] Are you suggesting that it's a bad thing that you don't find offensive language funny? You shouldn't find it funny! It's not!!! [quote] I DONT WANNA BE TOOOoooooo WIERED... YA KNOW?????.........[/quote] Do you know what the word "Weird" means? It means "Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange." As Christians, we should be wierd. Very weird. I'll explain below. If you are a Christian, people should notice. You should be acting differently, speaking differently, and you should have a completely different outlook on life. When we become Christians, we are "born again". This isn't literal, but reflects that our lives are changed. That change should be visible to the world, and you sound like you're trying to hide it! If serving the Lord too much puts you in risk of losing friends, those friends need to be lost. The problem I see is that you're trying to say "Hm... how can I be a Christian without being TOO MUCH of a Christian?" What you're doing here is weighing Christianity against the World. You want just enough Christianity to be saved, so you can commit the rest of yourself to the World. This is WRONG. Every fiber of your being should be devoted to the Lord. Here's the question: How saved is TOO saved? And if you're honestly looking for friends, why is the Christian community off-limits? Are you incapable of having friends who aren't offended by your religion? [b]Why are you so worried about looking "Christian"???[/b][/quote] THANKS YOURE RIGHT.......

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

[b]Lueff wrote:[/b] [quote][b]ANGELSFLUTTERBYE wrote:[/b] [quote]THE REASON I ASKED THIS QUESTION IS BECAUSE I REALLY NEED 2 KNOW SOMETHING ........HOW MUCH CAN I SERVE THE LORD AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS, SOMETIMES I FEEL TOO MUCH LIKE A MEGA FREAK, PEEPS LOOK AT ME STRANGE IF I TRY TO DO RIGHT... ACT RIGHT... DRESS RIGHT... AND NOT FIND BAD LANGUAGE FUNNY ETC, ETC. I DONT WANNA BE TOOOoooooo WIERED... YA KNOW?????.........:blush: IF U CAN UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS, PLEASE ADVISE:unsure: :blush: :dry: :huh: :( :blink: :side: ;)[/quote] --- I am honestly offended by this post. You're acting as if Christianity is a wart. You want to be saved, but you also want to put the least amount of effort in that you can. IM VERY SORRY TO HAVE OFFENDED YOU, THAT WAS NOT MY GOAL. I LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART SOUL AND MIND. AND I GUESS I TOTALLY TRASHED ANY WITTNESS HERE. GOD BLESS GOOD SRY :(

Lueff

18 year(s) ago

I'm very glad you realize now. There's no such thing as being "Too Christian". There is no possible way to serve the Lord too much, and we should never be worried about the impact that living a Christian life should have negatively on our worldly desires. When it comes down to it, what else matters except your faith? If all you love is the world, then it won't be long before all that you love is gone away. I am very glad to hear from you that you love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind. As long as you do that, do not care about anything else. God bless, keep, and guide you.

faithalive

17 year(s) ago

Wow... I personally think that it is okay to have worries about fitting in. It's what you do with those worries that counts. That is all normal. Just about every person feels a desire to fit in and has doubts, but you don't have to succumb(sp?) to those feelings. No one is perfect that's why we have Jesus :). I have OCD and I worry sometimes about what people think, but then I realize that it really only matters what God thinks. Does that make any sense?

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

I think how we dress should respect both God and ourselves. Will the clothes you wear cause people to stumble? That is the question every person should ask themselves before they walk around with certain body parts (in referrence to both males and females) hanging out for all to see. I understand a large portion of the female population doesn't understand how guys look at girls. Something so little as mere cleavage can turn a guy on. Guys like legs. The more you show, girls, the more they want. You know, some guys actually take bets on whether a girl is a virgin or not based on the clothing she wears. Remember, the style you dress is the style guy you'll get. Now, dress codes go for guys, also, even though guys don't really have that hard a time with modesty, usually. Showing off your muscles can cause girls to stumble. Pants at your knees...well, that just makes you look retarded:P Guys, get over yourselves. Appealing to the emotional side of girls works way better than appealing to the physical side. Show some respect for God, yourself, and the ladies, guys. Pull up your pants and put a shirt on. Nobody wants to see you. Girls, lower the crotch of your pants, lower the hems and slits of your skirts/shorts. Lower the bottom of your shirt, and bring up the top of it. Loosen your shirt and pants. Girls complain that men of God shouldn't be looking. Stop showing and they'll stop looking. I being somewhat rough with this, but I feel very strongly about it. Girls, please don't shake your butt around while you dance. You may be making fun of a certain dance, but you're doing the same thing to guys. Please, stop. Guys, the pelvic thrust is out. Learn something new that takes talent. Oh, yeah. Your pickup lines are corny. Stop it. Don't give in to peer pressure. IT IS NOT WORTH IT, BY NO MEANS! Never forget that.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)