Login

In my school text book today

Son-Of-Fire

14 year(s) ago

[quote]During the phallic stage, boys seek genital stimulation, and they develop both unconscious sexual desires for their mother and jealousy and hatred for their father, whom they consider a rival. Given these feelings, boys supposedly also feel guilt and a lurking fear of punishment, perhaps by castration. [/quote] I later read on to find that the phallic stage is when the child is from 3-6 years old. Are these psychologists on crack or something?

socks1

14 year(s) ago

That almost sounds like something that Sigmund Freud would say. LOL

Son-Of-Fire

14 year(s) ago

it actually was Sigmund Freud.

rami009

14 year(s) ago

i was thinking that that stage would be 13-16:D but i guess its true. i see a lot of boys hanging off their moms and shying away from their dads

MattBob-SquarePants

14 year(s) ago

[b]Son_Of_Fire wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]During the phallic stage, boys seek genital stimulation, and they develop both unconscious sexual desires for their mother and jealousy and hatred for their father, whom they consider a rival. Given these feelings, boys supposedly also feel guilt and a lurking fear of punishment, perhaps by castration. [/quote] I later read on to find that the phallic stage is when the child is from 3-6 years old. Are these psychologists on crack or something?[/quote] You don't know how right you are. Technically, no, crack was not invented yet. But yes, Freud WAS on cocaine. And Jurgen von Scheidt conjectured that most of Freud's psychoanalytical theory was a byproduct of his cocaine use. He wrote an entire paper on it called, aptly, "Sigmund Freud and cocaine" in 1973. Learning is fun. lol

Son-Of-Fire

14 year(s) ago

interesting......

RATM-is-back

14 year(s) ago

[b]Son_Of_Fire wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]During the phallic stage, boys seek genital stimulation, and they develop both unconscious sexual desires for their mother and jealousy and hatred for their father, whom they consider a rival. Given these feelings, boys supposedly also feel guilt and a lurking fear of punishment, perhaps by castration. [/quote] I later read on to find that the phallic stage is when the child is from 3-6 years old. Are these psychologists on crack or something?[/quote] Did you read anything about daughters to their fathers?

Son-Of-Fire

14 year(s) ago

nope

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

[b]Son_Of_Fire wrote:[/b] [quote]it actually was Sigmund Freud.[/quote] Yeah, that quote is a pretty famous one by him. See, he wasn't actually all the great...he was just the first to ask those questions.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)