Login

It\'s now illegal

serfofChrist92

14 year(s) ago

to be illegal in the state of Arizona. And the recent modifications to the law ([url=http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/illegal-Immigration-Enforcement-law/2010/04/30/id/357493]read here[/url]) make efforts to clarify the wording of the bill so that it can't be used for racial profiling. My opinion: If it's harder for illegal immigrants to stay here, then there is more incentive for them to pursue the legal paths to becoming a permanent resident and/or citizen. If we reward people for breaking the law, then they'll just continue to break it. 'Course, there's the big mess of what to do with the illegal immigrants once they are arrested. Deportation seems to be the logical choice, but then there's the question of families/children/etc. In an ideal world they might be given a choice to follow an expedited track to legal residency so that their families wouldn't be forced to survive months or years without parents/husbands/wives.

MattBob-SquarePants

14 year(s) ago

No, what the law will do (if anything) is make them come further into the states, like Indiana, where we couldn't possibly pay to ship them all back to Mexico. They'll still come, they just won't stay in Arizona. Thanks SO much, AZ.. Illegals getting legal is not going to be affected. The problem is we have many times more people who WANT to come here, then the number of people we LET in legally. My friend at work got married and had 2 kids before he was approved, and he's a college graduate with no criminal record. HE had enough work to stay in food and under a roof. Don't fool yourselves, if any one of us had kids to feed and couldn't find work or money to feed them, dang right we'd do what we had to do to get by. Even if you'd suffer on your own, when it's your loved ones it's completely different. Also, what Caleb said. If US citizens are required to show our papers inside the US, I hope that law gets struck down without delay or hesitation.

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

You can oppose the law if you want, but I'd be happy if all the states passed it. Or we could rely on the federal government (which always works out just swell).

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)