Login

Ligaments

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

So...anyone here know much about ligaments, specifically in the knee area? I only ask because I'm having some difficulty finding the information I'm looking for online. About a year and a half ago the doctor at a walk-in emergency care clinic guessed that I had torn my MCL. I ended up not getting corrective surgery, since from what I understood, the ligament will heal naturally if you're careful, there's just a chance it will heal incorrectly. Since then I did a stint at Target as one of the guys who wakes up at 3am to unload the trucks and stock the shelves. I did a lot of heavy lifting, no problems (of course I usually wore a knee brace, but yeah). I recently started doing some basic exercises again (crunches, pushups, situps, wall squats, etc), and today after I finished and walked to the fridge to get some water, I noticed my left knee felt a little...I dunno, wobbly? tender? weak? I'm not exactly sure what word I'm looking for, but basically, it concerns me. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows much about ligaments near the knee and how the whole healing deal works...and perhaps symptoms that it healed incorrectly? In the meantime, I'm gonna do some supine hip flexions.

TrueTalent

12 year(s) ago

My thoughts on this are, No matter how minor you may think it to be, it is always best to talk to a doctor, as this phrase will come in handy: "Better safe, then sorry" Now I am not saying that all the others are wrong, but I am saying that if this is serious, and it very well may be, then it is always best to talk to the doctor. I understand that this post may be late, but it may help others in a certain situation, or others that read this and remember what I am saying. Thank you, -William (TrueTalent)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)