Login

Lord of the Rings

screams

17 year(s) ago

let's go over the fundamentals of both witchcraft and satanism. witchcraft. the religion of witchcraft is called wicca. they serve both a god and a goddess. the do believe in spells and such, but spells don't come from waving a wand... they focus energy with their mind to accomplish things like this. they are also only supposed to do things for what they consider to be good, which is generally what we would consider good also. normally a wiccan belongs to a coven where they worship the god and goddess of their beliefs. also, from my understanding harry potter is denounced by most wiccan fundamentalists. harry potter follows stereotypical witchcraft, and is nothing like the real pagan religion. as for satanism, satanists don't even worship the same satan in christianity. to satanists, satan is just a symbol of their love to the world. satanists don't have a god, they serve themselves... in other words, if you do what you want to do you are following satanic law.. as according to the satanic bible. if rowling was a part of these religions, she probably wouldn't be saying she's a christian. members of both religions are normally persecuted by most christians, and don't have much respect for any christians at all... logically, it wouldn't make much sense for her to be satanist or wiccan. even if she isn't a christian, she probably does believe in god, and probably shares similar principles with most christians.

Shawndra

17 year(s) ago

well lets leave that talk for the harry potter forum or another one, lets talk about good ole' Tolkien in here! Please and thank you

screams

17 year(s) ago

or we could talk about tolkien in the various other tolkien threads people have started. this forum is ill-moderated, and people start too many threads on the same topic.

Thumeo

17 year(s) ago

Frodo Lives!! I Love the tolkien books, I have read the Lord Of the Rings Tilogy Multiple times, (and am reading it again now) And I have also read the Sillmarillion (not sure of the spelling on that one), th Book of unfinished tails, and the Tolkien Beastiary. J RR is my Favorite Auther and I place his books among the best ever written.

Shawndra

17 year(s) ago

Yeah, definetly, I have been reading his books for as long as I could, my grandfather read them to me before I was able to so I was raised on Lord of the rings! Absolutley a great writer!

screams

17 year(s) ago

you just have to watch these movie adaptations of books with low expectations, and accept them as a movie entertainment, not a movie version of a book. if you expect it to be like the book you'll probably be disappointed, but if you just watch it as a movie that holds its own, a movie separate from the book, you will probably like it.

Bittersweet

17 year(s) ago

you have certainly found one! I AM IN LOVE WITH LOTR BOOKS, MOVIES, AND GOD MOST OF ALL!!!! <3 <3 :woohoo:

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)