Login

Music

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

I go to a baptist school, and sometimes I go to church there, but they believe it is a sin to play drums and stuff because God despises it or something( which ,by the way, I have never seen in scripture) Also they think Christian rock music like, Relient K, or Flyleaf, is WRONG to listen to, whenever they bring it up I don't know what to say.(One of the preachers said "Since the writers of rock music became Christian, they wanted to keep holding on to there sin, so they made 'Christian rock music' to cover it up" They say drums are an abomination to God because it goes against the natural beat of the body and the beat also makes people want to do "bad things" (hopefully you know what I am talking about) Is it really wrong to listen to that kind of music and play the drums?HELP!!!

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

i really have no idea what ambigous means... but yeah me too. MUSIC IS ART. The words people say (like the lyrics) can be bad, if it talks about sexual things then I don't think it is right to listen to it, also if it cusses and says bad stuff bad about God. <><

Silent-K

17 year(s) ago

Ambiguous=Could be interpreted multiple ways. Drums are just like any other instrument, they can be used in sin or they can be used to glorify God. IMHO, worship styles are a matter of personal preference. There isn't one style of worship that is "holier" than the others. In the OT, worship was strictly done at the Temple in a prescribed manner. When Christ came, He fulfilled that. That is, He made a way for us to worship God without the need for a holy place and certain rituals. In the NT, worship was [i]decentralized[/i]. There isn't a holy place where we have to worship God. Church buildings are a place where the church gathers to worship as a body. Our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit. Worship has been deregulated. There aren't any rituals we must go through to worship God. There aren't any particular styles of worship required.

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

lyric writing is definitely an artform as well as the music... I have no problem with ambiguity for the most part, unless it's too easily mistaken to be talking about a girl... one of my favorite lyrics for a rock song is "Savior" from Skillet: I'm everything you've wanted I am the one who's haunting you I am the eyes inside of you Stare back at you There's nothing left to lose There's nothing left to prove Surrender your love It's all you can do What you got What you want What you need Gonna be your savior Everything's gonna crash and break But I know, yeah, I know What you got What you want What you need Gonna be your savior Everything's gonna crash and break Your savior It's time to redefine Your deophobic mind Don't hesitate, no escape From secrets on the inside There's nothing left to lose There's nothing left to prove Surrender your love It's all you can do What you got What you want What you need Gonna be your savior Everything's gonna crash and break But I know, yeah, I know What you got What you want What you need Gonna be your savior Everything's gonna crash and break Your savior I guess you could say it's ambiguous or stupid... but, i dont think it's either... i really like those lyrics

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

well if your telling that to everyone it mey not work that well. would you say God gave you sin so show sin to everone else too? (i am not proving you wrong i understand what you are saying)

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

WELL ACTUALLY... the Bible does say stuff about it, do you know what a timbrel is? a tamberine well check this out: 1Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 3Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 4Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 5Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. but that proves my case even more, in my head, if your praising God, why does it matter what you use to do it?

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

*bump*

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

Does anyone in here beleive what they beleive about drums, i wanna know why they think that way before i come to any comclusions.

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

[b]Cheecha wrote:[/b] [quote]Does anyone in here beleive what they beleive about drums, i wanna know why they think that way before i come to any comclusions.[/quote] I don't agree with it, but I know some of what they say (honestly, there's no Biblical backing for any of this): From what I've heard, it has something to do with that they believe that drums had like an original purpose of worshipping Satan. So, basically, because it was used at some point in history to glorify Satan, it means it could never possibly be used for God. Something like that.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)