Login

Post Deletions

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

I think we should be able to delete our own post (to solve repeat posts, posts which we realize we should not have made, etcetera). Yeah, just a suggestion.

damien

17 year(s) ago

The only problem with that system is that ... a user could use bad/foul language to another member then delete it before we can administer the right action, and have no proof.

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

[b]damiendownload wrote:[/b] [quote]The only problem with that system is that ... a user could use bad/foul language to another member then delete it before we can administer the right action, and have no proof.[/quote] Well, I was going to say that if the post is deleted, does it really matter? Then, I realized that there are rules and regulations and punishments for not abiding by those rules. However, in reference to not being able to prove it, you could ask that if any member sees foul/inappropriate content, that they take a screen shot of it (Ctrl+PrtSc) and send the image to you showing the offensive content.

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

Well, I still think that it's a good idea at any rate.

KingsDaughter92

17 year(s) ago

[b]damiendownload wrote:[/b] [quote]The only problem with that system is that ... a user could use bad/foul language to another member then delete it before we can administer the right action, and have no proof.[/quote] yes but the admins could "review" the posts b4 they r put on the site that way no foul language or w/e would be able to go on the site. (even though i have seen some ppl use foul language on here) but mainly i agree we should be able to delete our own posts. i have put a few on here just b/c i was upset then later wanted to delete but couldn't.

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

Well, from the adminstrator's standpoint, depending largely on how the system is currently set up, it could be done... Say for example, when you press the new Delete button.. instead of actually deleting all record of that post, it could change the status of the post to render it invisible to the average user.. The admins could still go back and look at the posts before they were changed or deleted, and take whatever action they feel is appropriate.. Just a thought. Y'all are doing a wonderful job, and I thank you and hope that HaShem will bless you all and this site for your service!

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

OOooh... I do not support moderated posts only..Not on the whole site, anyway. It makes all kinds of work for the admins, slows down conversation, and in general gives off an impression that "we don't trust you to act right"..

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)