Login

Question

linguist4Christ

17 year(s) ago

O.K what if you live in a town and have tried all the Churches that say there Christian, but the pastor dosnt believe what he preaches (i.e, walking does the talking and it aint match'in) the youth group is a joke and the people could literally care less if you came or not as long as you give a nice tithe. Do you still go to Church? 'Cause the Bible says 'not to forsake the assembling of Believers together' Or, do you just Worship at home with your family? Thanks!

cloudspit

17 year(s) ago

[b]linguist4Christ wrote:[/b] [quote]O.K what if you live in a town and have tried all the Churches that say there Christian, but the pastor dosnt believe what he preaches (i.e, walking does the talking and it aint match'in) the youth group is a joke and the people could literally care less if you came or not as long as you give a nice tithe. Do you still go to Church? 'Cause the Bible says 'not to forsake the assembling of Believers together' Or, do you just Worship at home with your family? Thanks![/quote] why dont you start your own church then.....

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

but there's also "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as you see the day approaching" personally, i think you need small group christian fellowship, devotions with your family, and congregational meetings.... all three are beneficial to the christian life

SteveB

17 year(s) ago

[b]linguist4Christ wrote:[/b] [quote]O.K what if you live in a town and have tried all the Churches that say there Christian, but the pastor dosnt believe what he preaches (i.e, walking does the talking and it aint match'in) the youth group is a joke and the people could literally care less if you came or not as long as you give a nice tithe. Do you still go to Church? 'Cause the Bible says 'not to forsake the assembling of Believers together' Or, do you just Worship at home with your family? Thanks![/quote] Worshipping and studying at home privately is essential. Doing it with your family is great too whether you stay in your church or not. The lifeless church issue can be difficult. There is no doubt it is beneficial to study, pray, worship and fellowship with a congregation of Biblically directed Christ centered followers. Unfortunately, that group can be surprisingly difficult to find. The condition of the church typically is a reflection of the condition of the leadership. And the enemy is constantly hammering away at church leadership to discourage, dissuade, distract, and destroy, at least until they are spiritually lifeless. I would suggest you first pray for the leadership of your church. Pray God will work in the hearts of the elders, if there are any; and that He will change the heart of the Pastor or replace him with the leadership that church needs. Then you might consider seeking others for a regular prayer/Bible study meeting outside of regular services, either at the church or at private homes. At this point prayer especially will be fruitful and will separate the wheat from the tares. Not many Christians today can talk with God for more than a couple of minutes at a time. If you would be interested in some inspiring sermons on sound doctrine to stir your Bible studies feel free to listen to the sermons from our church online at wpcofwashington.com, in the Washington Pulpit section. We are Pentecostal so you may not be use to the enthusiastic style. Focus on the messages, not the style. Whatever you do, do not let this church, or anyone in it discourage you from learning about and loving the Lord Jesus and His Word. Stay steadfast and do not be moved. Regards, Steve B

linguist4Christ

17 year(s) ago

[b]SteveB wrote:[/b] [quote][b]linguist4Christ wrote:[/b] [quote]O.K what if you live in a town and have tried all the Churches that say there Christian, but the pastor dosnt believe what he preaches (i.e, walking does the talking and it aint match'in) the youth group is a joke and the people could literally care less if you came or not as long as you give a nice tithe. Do you still go to Church? 'Cause the Bible says 'not to forsake the assembling of Believers together' Or, do you just Worship at home with your family? Thanks![/quote] Worshipping and studying at home privately is essential. Doing it with your family is great too whether you stay in your church or not. The lifeless church issue can be difficult. There is no doubt it is beneficial to study, pray, worship and fellowship with a congregation of Biblically directed Christ centered followers. Unfortunately, that group can be surprisingly difficult to find. The condition of the church typically is a reflection of the condition of the leadership. And the enemy is constantly hammering away at church leadership to discourage, dissuade, distract, and destroy, at least until they are spiritually lifeless. I would suggest you first pray for the leadership of your church. Pray God will work in the hearts of the elders, if there are any; and that He will change the heart of the Pastor or replace him with the leadership that church needs. Then you might consider seeking others for a regular prayer/Bible study meeting outside of regular services, either at the church or at private homes. At this point prayer especially will be fruitful and will separate the wheat from the tares. Not many Christians today can talk with God for more than a couple of minutes at a time. If you would be interested in some inspiring sermons on sound doctrine to stir your Bible studies feel free to listen to the sermons from our church online at wpcofwashington.com, in the Washington Pulpit section. We are Pentecostal so you may not be use to the enthusiastic style. Focus on the messages, not the style. Whatever you do, do not let this church, or anyone in it discourage you from learning about and loving the Lord Jesus and His Word. Stay steadfast and do not be moved. Regards, Steve B[/quote] Thanks!!!!!!!;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)