Login

Render unto ceaser...

Phil777

17 year(s) ago

This post is about the deep insight into what Jesus means in mark 12:17. Now im not saying dont give money, i believe in giving money to the kingdom (the bible teaches this), but i dont believe Jesus is talking about money in this scripture: Mark 12 13 Then they sent to Him some of the Pharisees and the Herodians, to catch Him in His words. 14 When they had come, they said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and care about no one; for You do not regard the person of men, but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? 15 Shall we pay, or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why do you test Me? Bring Me a denarius that I may see it.” 16 So they brought it. And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?” They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at Him. So He says give money to ceaser, but is he really saying give money to God? He says: “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” Notice he doesn’t say ‘give money to God, He says ‘give to God what is God’s’. Now the key word to understand His spiritual meaning here the word “IMAGE” (vers 16: “Whose image is this?”). Now ceasars IMAGE was on the COIN, therefore ceaser gets the COIN. Now ask yourself: whose IMAGE is God on? Lets go back to Genesis for our answer: Genesis1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. God’s image us on HUMANS BEINGS! On US! On His creation! So with this knowledge, you can read the target that Jesus was trying to hit in the above scripture: He was saying to the Pharisees: give your money to ceaser, but give the PEOPLE back to God – in other words, He was in His usual Jesus super spiritual awesome way saying to the pharisees: “LET MY PEOPLE GO”! (I.e. Give back to God what is God’s (i.e. His people), because in other parts of the bible Jesus made it clear that the Pharisees had God’s people shut up in bondage to the law, and they were stopping people from being saved (Mat 23:13), but Jesus mission was to set these captives free!

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

[b]Phil777 wrote:[/b] [quote]Notice he doesn’t say ‘give money to God, He says ‘give to God what is God’s’. Now the key word to understand His spiritual meaning here the word “IMAGE” (vers 16: “Whose image is this?”). Now ceasars IMAGE was on the COIN, therefore ceaser gets the COIN. Now ask yourself: whose IMAGE is God on? Lets go back to Genesis for our answer: Genesis1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. God’s image us on HUMANS BEINGS! On US! On His creation! So with this knowledge, you can read the target that Jesus was trying to hit in the above scripture: He was saying to the Pharisees: give your money to ceaser, but give the PEOPLE back to God – in other words, He was in His usual Jesus super spiritual awesome way saying to the pharisees: “LET MY PEOPLE GO”! (I.e. Give back to God what is God’s (i.e. His people), because in other parts of the bible Jesus made it clear that the Pharisees had God’s people shut up in bondage to the law, and they were stopping people from being saved (Mat 23:13), but Jesus mission was to set these captives free![/quote] agreed... also, I'd like to point out Romans 12:1 "Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as [b]living sacrifices[/b] holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual act of worship." This verse basically says the same thing. a lot of the time, we view the word "sacrifice" as meaning to give up our life, to die for Christ, which we should be willing to do. But, this verse says that we should be "living sacrifices," which means that we should live our life as a sacrifice to Christ.

cloudspit

17 year(s) ago

[b]Phil777 wrote:[/b] [quote]This post is about the deep insight into what Jesus means in mark 12:17. Now im not saying dont give money, i believe in giving money to the kingdom (the bible teaches this), but i dont believe Jesus is talking about money in this scripture: Mark 12 13 Then they sent to Him some of the Pharisees and the Herodians, to catch Him in His words. 14 When they had come, they said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and care about no one; for You do not regard the person of men, but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? 15 Shall we pay, or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why do you test Me? Bring Me a denarius that I may see it.” 16 So they brought it. And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?” They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at Him. So He says give money to ceaser, but is he really saying give money to God? He says: “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” Notice he doesn’t say ‘give money to God, He says ‘give to God what is God’s’. Now the key word to understand His spiritual meaning here the word “IMAGE” (vers 16: “Whose image is this?”). Now ceasars IMAGE was on the COIN, therefore ceaser gets the COIN. Now ask yourself: whose IMAGE is God on? Lets go back to Genesis for our answer: Genesis1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. God’s image us on HUMANS BEINGS! On US! On His creation! So with this knowledge, you can read the target that Jesus was trying to hit in the above scripture: He was saying to the Pharisees: give your money to ceaser, but give the PEOPLE back to God – in other words, He was in His usual Jesus super spiritual awesome way saying to the pharisees: “LET MY PEOPLE GO”! (I.e. Give back to God what is God’s (i.e. His people), because in other parts of the bible Jesus made it clear that the Pharisees had God’s people shut up in bondage to the law, and they were stopping people from being saved (Mat 23:13), but Jesus mission was to set these captives free![/quote] i am starting to think you are just copying out of a book and posting it on this site....

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)