Login

The 2 Christs

arth247

14 year(s) ago

-Gen 2:7:"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul". -Gen 2:17:"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die". -Gen 3:6: "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat". - 1 cor 15:47:"The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. Gen 3:23:"Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken". Matt 16:24-25:Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. John 12:25:"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal". I have read so many articles and seen lots of videos online that suggest that the Biblical account of Jesus Birth,life on earth, death and resurrection were stolen from the account of some pagan savior gods who existed before Jesus came to the earth and blended into Christianity(http://www.pocm.info/getting_started_pocm.html) So I decided to address the Issue to make People understand why the similarities between the ancient accounts exist and to show that Nothing in Christianity has ever and would ever be taken from Paganism. The people who claim these things often cite the similarities between the account of Osiris the Egyptian sun god who was killed by Set, the Egyptian god of darkness and evil and was resurrected in the form of his son, Horus and the story of Jesus crucifixion which was influenced by Satan the god of this evil world and his Resurrection.However,What they fail to realize is that the 2 deaths and 2 Resurrections symbolize different things. The Sacrifice of the Higher self for the Lower self: -John 8:23:"And he said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world". When Adam the 1st man on earth and the progenitor of the human race chose to eat from the tree of disobedience,He was choosing a terrestrial existence over a divine existence.He was choosing to die to God in order to live to sin.God told Adam that he was going to die if he ate from the forbidden tree.This death is symbolic of the fact that man was going to sacrifice his divine breathe from God which was his life for a temporal breathe of sin.The devil deceived eve into thinking that the terrestrial existence was what was ideal for her and her future seed.That is why mystics see satan as being the liberator of mankind.They claim he saved Adam and Eve by showing them how to be God.They claim he made them make the perfect sacrifice to save themselves from Gods control. When Adam did eat of the tree, he died to God and became alive to sin and satan(i.e became a new being)That is what the sacrifice and death of the pagan "Christ" (osiris and the other sun gods)represents.It is symbolizes the sacrifice of the higher self for the lower self.The death to God in order to live to sin.The so called"resurrection" of the pagan Christ is symbolized in the new Adam ,The one that was born when He partook of the forbidden fruit of Eden.The one who realized his nakedness. The sacrifice of the lower self for the higher self: Since man chose death over life and was separated from God.The only way back to God was to die to the terrestrial life of sin and be "renewed" again by Gods breathe(Romans 12:2). That is what Jesus death symbolizes the death to the sinful nature that Adam and Eve chose and a restoration of all who accept him to the garden of Eden and Gods control.That is why we Christians preach the cross.That is why we emphasize denial.That is why we seek to lay down our lives to know Jesus. As we have seen from the above, both of the Christs have to "die" to be raised again.The pagan "antichrist"has to die to God to live to sin and be in control of his life(be a god).The Christian Christ has to die to sin in order to live to God.In both cases death is necessary in order to achieve their goals. God represents ignorance of the self ( knowledge of the God) .That is why Adam and Eve were unconscious of the fact that they were naked in the garden of Eden.Because of this,Satan fools mystics to think that God represents darkness(ignorance )and that he is the true light that shows mankind how to be god.(Read Isa 5:20,2 or 11:14).These godless pagans feel God represents Set (the god of darkness).They feel that in order to become the god the serpent promised them they would become, they would be they need to overcome Gods control and be united with the knowledge Satan offered them (http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/the-serpent-of-salvation.htm) -John 8:44:"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it". -2 cor 4:4:In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. Satan is really the god of darkness,evil and lies.He makes us ignorant of our divine nature with his false light.He fools us to accept a temporal beastly existence serving self instead of accepting God's eternal and divine image.He makes us serve him and his demons instead of serving the true God who loves us.In order to see God we must die to our serpent nature (overcome satan)and accept God in our hearts(John 12:24) The death on the trees: -Galatians 3:13:"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" In Norse Mythology,It is believed that Odin,The chief god of Norse Mythology died on a tree(http://leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com/2008/08/odin-crucified-god.html) and many people believe that this justifies the belief that Christs death on a tree was stolen from pagan doctrines and adopted by Christians this is also far from the truth. The Divine and Forbidden Knowledge were symbolized by two trees in the garden and Adam and Eve chose the forbidden knowledge for themselves and their future seed.In order to return to God,It was going to be necessary for them and their fallen seed to die to the forbidden knowledge and be restored to God.That is what the death of Jesus on the Cross(Tree) symbolizes.It is the death to the forbidden knowledge so we can be restored to God.Notice that the above verse says Christ became a "curse"for us to save us.It means he took on the image of the cursed serpent of sin in order to destroy it and restore humanity to God.Also John 3:14-15 says:"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life"". The serpent on the pole that Moses lifted up is symbolic of Christ who even though he knew no sin, took on the serpent nature of sin in order to save us(All who look to him) On the other hand,In order to know sin,The self and Satan,Adam and eve partook of the forbidden tree and hence died to God(The tree of life)That is what the death of the pagan gods on trees represents:The death to the tree of God in order to live to sin.

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

Yes, I would like to have more details. It's interesting to learn. However, there is one thing I never understand. The Bible was written by many different people, and as far as I know they lived in different time periods (with the exception of the Apostles). How is it that the Bible always ties in with itself? The Bible for a time was growing, and it seems to me it always meshes. Were people who wrote about these events liars? Were they intentionally trying to twist the truth and trying to make these events significant to glorify their God? I think not- the reason being that generally Christians (early ones included) were very honest. They believed what Moses said, "Thou shall not lie". Again, they honestly believed Moses. Of course, Jesus also condemned lying. It's a terrible thing to do, one that while it can be forgiven, will destine you for destruction. They knew that. They believed very much in what they were hearing about God. It was His commandment that they do not lie, and they feared Him, as all Christians should. [i]Why[/i], then, do you suppose that all the people who wrote the Bible, essentially, [i]lied[/i] about many facts and distorted what actually happened? I don't know much about the history of the Bible, as far as when exactly all the parts were written, where, by who, etc., and I'm sure in many cases no one knows for sure. But I think I've asked legitimate questions.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)