Login

The Country Music Bash-A-Thon

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

Well, Emmy89 has given me a great idea. For all of you who don't like country music, here you go. I don't understand how people seem to think that making your voice crack is talent. I don't understand how you can say that a song like There Goes My Life by Kenney Chesney isn't depressing. I don't understand how you can drown your sorrows in alcohol, as much modern country music seems to suggest (in all this I'm not referring to classic country, only modern). I don't understand how buying a CD in which I guy sings about his ex is entertaining. That being said, I think the titles of some of the songs are funny. For example: Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissin' You Goodbye I've Been Flushed From the Bathroom of Your Heart Velcro Arms, Teflon Heart You're the Hangnail in My Life, and I Can't Bite You Off And There Was Grandma, Swingin' On the Outhouse Door Without a Shirt On How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away? I'd Rather Pass a Kidney Stone Than Another Night With You My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend and I Sure Do Miss Him She Got the Ring and I Got the Finger The Beer I Had For Breakfast Is Comin' Back for Lunch Okay, everyone, keep in mind I'm not raggin' on country artists or people who like country music, just the music itself. ;)

BrotherReed

17 year(s) ago

[quote]I don't understand how buying a CD in which I guy sings about his ex is entertaining. [/quote] I hope you don't listen to rock or pop or rap music. Seriously, though, I don't like country music at all.

rami009

17 year(s) ago

the only country band i like is rascal flatts. but ya, whats the point about singing about your ex?

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

[b]rami009 wrote:[/b] [quote]the only country band i like is rascal flatts. but ya, whats the point about singing about your ex?[/quote] Even Rascal Flatts is guilty of making his voice crack and calling it music, lol.

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

Hahaha....:silly: Wow that's the first time i've really used a smiley face other than this :) Well I think all genres sing about the same thing..life..and their life is about girls/guys, ex's, alcohol, and any other thing you can name...all music does that...

rami009

17 year(s) ago

[b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote][b]rami009 wrote:[/b] [quote]the only country band i like is rascal flatts. but ya, whats the point about singing about your ex?[/quote] Even Rascal Flatts is guilty of making his voice crack and calling it music, lol.[/quote] its not the lyrics and the singer that i like, but how the music is more rock than country. so its like country rock:laugh:

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

[b]Emmy89 wrote:[/b] [quote]Hahaha....:silly: Wow that's the first time i've really used a smiley face other than this :) Well I think all genres sing about the same thing..life..and their life is about girls/guys, ex's, alcohol, and any other thing you can name...all music does that...[/quote] eh..... very few heavy metal bands that I know of ever sing aout girls/guys, ex's, or alchohol

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

well i have no clue about heavy metal..lol..this is really bad but I think i've prolly heard it like twice..lol

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

[b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote]Well, Emmy89 has given me a great idea. For all of you who don't like country music, here you go. I don't understand how people seem to think that making your voice crack is talent. I don't understand how you can say that a song like There Goes My Life by Kenney Chesney isn't depressing. I don't understand how you can drown your sorrows in alcohol, as much modern country music seems to suggest (in all this I'm not referring to classic country, only modern). I don't understand how buying a CD in which I guy sings about his ex is entertaining. That being said, I think the titles of some of the songs are funny. For example: Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissin' You Goodbye I've Been Flushed From the Bathroom of Your Heart Velcro Arms, Teflon Heart You're the Hangnail in My Life, and I Can't Bite You Off And There Was Grandma, Swingin' On the Outhouse Door Without a Shirt On How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away? I'd Rather Pass a Kidney Stone Than Another Night With You My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend and I Sure Do Miss Him She Got the Ring and I Got the Finger The Beer I Had For Breakfast Is Comin' Back for Lunch Okay, everyone, keep in mind I'm not raggin' on country artists or people who like country music, just the music itself. ;)[/quote] Oh my gosh! I totally agree with everything you said about country music! It stinks and all the singers sound the same! Who wants to listen to people sing about tractors, their exes and booze anyways? At least other music genres are more creative in their lyrics! plus the musical part of country is annoying! So stupid! That's why I'm in the Country Music Haters group on this site! Rock music RULES!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)