Login

The mind of Jesus

Swinny89

17 year(s) ago

I was talking to my friend about all the things I have been learning on here, and we got into a little discussion to see where the heart of the disagreement was about whether Jesus is God or not. We all understand Jesus was human to some extent right? Some say He was 100% man 100% God, and some say He was not God at all. It all boils down to the mind of Jesus, whether it was the mind of God, or the mind of a man. If it was the mind of God, then you are saying God came to earth, and God died on the cross to save us. Or if it was the mind of a man, then you believe God brought up a perfect man, 100% human only, but under controll by God. So I want to know whether Jesus had the mind of God or the mind of a man. My opinion is still in the air, but I want to know what the truth about this is. So, convince me!(if you can)

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

I was trying to find an old thread, which I know exists somewhere, and talked about this stuff (among other things). I didn't find it, and I'm in the middle of something, but I can toss out some generic phrases without references. Maybe that'll serve as a starting point. There's the story of Gethsemane. Same time the apostles feel asleep three times, after He asked them to stay awake with Him. Some say this is when He chose His destiny. He asked the Father "If it be possible, pass this cup from my lips. Nonetheless, not my will, but yours be done." His thoughts were different from G-d's. And yet, in true servant form, He submitted His own desires, under the will of our Father. There were a few instances where G-d knew things He didn't. For example, when He is coming back, "No one knows, not the angels, not the Son, only the Father" and another one was when talking about going to prepare a place for us in His Father's house. He also said at that time, that only the Father could say when the place was completed. It's a good question, and there is more to it. Like I say, this is just something to get it started.

Swinny89

17 year(s) ago

[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote]I was trying to find an old thread, which I know exists somewhere, and talked about this stuff (among other things). I didn't find it, and I'm in the middle of something, but I can toss out some generic phrases without references. Maybe that'll serve as a starting point. There's the story of Gethsemane. Same time the apostles feel asleep three times, after He asked them to stay awake with Him. Some say this is when He chose His destiny. He asked the Father "If it be possible, pass this cup from my lips. Nonetheless, not my will, but yours be done." His thoughts were different from G-d's. And yet, in true servant form, He submitted His own desires, under the will of our Father. There were a few instances where G-d knew things He didn't. For example, when He is coming back, "No one knows, not the angels, not the Son, only the Father" and another one was when talking about going to prepare a place for us in His Father's house. He also said at that time, that only the Father could say when the place was completed. It's a good question, and there is more to it. Like I say, this is just something to get it started.[/quote] Yea, those are very very strong points...

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)