Login

The television show \"Lost\"

sciencegeek108

15 year(s) ago

I'm looking for anyone who is interested in discussing the religious implications that occur in the television show Lost. If anyone is interested in talking about the show, I am more than willing to talk back about my beliefs in it. B)

VeronicaMarsGurl

15 year(s) ago

personally i think the shows kinda old now i watched the first few seasons but now its just kinda like how long can you be lost on a island??? but thats just what I think

javie

15 year(s) ago

I don't really care for the religious stuff thats in the show. But I do like the hidden secrets thats in the show. Like how all of the lottery numbers are around the show.

meownip

15 year(s) ago

I love Lost! I have been watching it since episode one!! A friend of my Mom has a theory that Charlotte (the red head girl from the helecopter), Is Ben's daughter. If you don't remember, she said that she recognized the island from somewhere and it seemed familiar. One of my favorite Lost moments is when he starts sticking the metal stuff in the teleporter, even though the oriantation says not to. LOL

sciencegeek108

15 year(s) ago

That's an interesting theory, and oh yeah that part was hilarious. John looked like he was going to faint.

javie

15 year(s) ago

[b]meownip wrote:[/b] [quote]Charlotte[/quote]I don't ever remember a woman named Charlotte in that show. if so, is she the one who is working side by side with that scientist from Oxford?

sciencegeek108

15 year(s) ago

Yes, that would be her

meownip

15 year(s) ago

but he isnt a man of head he goes with his heart whereas Jack usually goes with his head

cookiedough28

15 year(s) ago

What I found interesting was that they always juxtaposed Jack and John. At the beginning of the series, Jack led with his head and John followed his heart. This often led to conflicts between the two. However, as the series moves on, Jack becomes a little more involved with his heart and what he feels is morally right, while Jack starts to doubt his beliefs and starts to think with his head. The two characters are still juxtaposed, but they seem to be [i]almost[/i] in the opposite spot that they started out in. I think John is one of the most interesting characters because, when the series started, he was definitely a "good guy". However, as more and more was revealed about his past and as John became more and more obsessed with the island, we start to see him in a new light. We start to wonder whether or not he is "good". That's interesting because the Others take the "good" people. A common theme of the show has always been good vs. bad vs. evil and whether [i]anyone[/i] is good. There are a lot of religious references in the show. I find that very interesting. I was kinda upset when they killed off Mr. Echo because the religious aspect he brought to the show was really intriguing. Well those are my thoughts on the show. I think the new season starts sometime soon, but I'm not sure exactly when...

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)