Login

the usual advice!

whiteboy93

12 year(s) ago

No, I'm not here to spill out some kind of emotional crap. Some of you may remember me, I used to spill my guts out. I was in a weird time of life. Anyway... so you guys are more experienced than me. Me and my friend aren't dating but we both like each other. We are really good for each other and we help each other in our walk with Christ. We are taking it slow and we both have talked about our future and hope to date and possibly marry in the future. Now, I know how things can go, life is random. She may decide one day she just wants to be friends. I would take that hard, but I am willing to be just her friend if it comes to that. Although I could never see myself with another girl. Its in God's hands. I just wanted you guys to know that I'm not as silly as I used to be. What makes girls happy? What kinds of things should I avoid doing? This thread is for any advice. If you don't feel like writing anything then don't feel pressured too.

rami009

12 year(s) ago

I'm dealing with something similar and I didn't get a whole lot of help when I asked here. I don't know man. I always think "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take." You have to jump and hope to God you can fly. And there is only one person in the world who can make you fly. Like someone told me, you have one foot in the door. Just take the chance and good luck

truevine

12 year(s) ago

Girls like prayerful men who walk closely with the Lord.

BrotherReed

12 year(s) ago

[quote]What makes girls happy? What kinds of things should I avoid doing?[/quote] Girls are different, my man. Any "one-size-fits-all" advice is going to be very general. Treat a girl with respect. Don't be afraid to accept responsibility. Thoughtfulness - ask questions about her, then listen and remember the answers. Dress neatly and maintain good hygiene. That sort of thing. BE HONEST and encourage openness/honestly/good communication. This is probably the most important thing in a successful relationship. Never try to manipulate her, do an "on-again-off-again" sort of deal to keep her guessing - that's what insecure tools do. Encourage her, lift her up, celebrate her successes. You do these things and you'll be a catch.

TrueTalent

12 year(s) ago

[b]BrotherReed wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]What makes girls happy? What kinds of things should I avoid doing?[/quote] Girls are different, my man. Any "one-size-fits-all" advice is going to be very general. Treat a girl with respect. Don't be afraid to accept responsibility. Thoughtfulness - ask questions about her, then listen and remember the answers. Dress neatly and maintain good hygiene. That sort of thing. BE HONEST and encourage openness/honestly/good communication. This is probably the most important thing in a successful relationship. Never try to manipulate her, do an "on-again-off-again" sort of deal to keep her guessing - that's what insecure tools do. Encourage her, lift her up, celebrate her successes. You do these things and you'll be a catch.[/quote] ^ There is NO better way, I believe, of answering your question. That was pretty thoughtful BrotherReed. Thanks.

BrotherReed

12 year(s) ago

Thanks! I'm no expert and I fail at some of those things myself, but I've learned a lot from the girl I'm currently in a relationship with. Honesty and communication have been our lifelines. And I say I can only give general advice because this girl is very different from my last girlfriend. For instance, if I had cursed in front of my ex she'd have slapped me, but with this girl we throw expletives around and we think it's funny and harmless. However, if I curse AT my girlfriend, call her a name or something, then she'll be hurt. What's the common thread here? Respect. You don't respect every girl in the exact same way, but you always respect her. That's the principle.

Dante

12 year(s) ago

[quote]Girls like prayerful men who walk closely with the Lord.[/quote] Oh yeah... ALL those girls... Gettin' hot & heavy at the thought of a man on his knees with both hands at head level... Yep... Nothin' attracts a woman like that... Dante

memnonkarana

12 year(s) ago

Definitely listen to Reed on this one...

whiteboy93

12 year(s) ago

Wow, thanks guys! :)

TrueTalent

12 year(s) ago

[b]Dante wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]Girls like prayerful men who walk closely with the Lord.[/quote] Oh yeah... ALL those girls... Gettin' hot & heavy at the thought of a man on his knees with both hands at head level... Yep... Nothin' attracts a woman like that... Dante[/quote] ^And that made my day... Althought, It wasn't all that necessary. :P

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)