Login

Today\'s Disney Channel

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

So, last night I stayed up late watching episodes of Boy Meets World. It was an episode where Shaun lets a girl sleep over at his house at night so her father can't beat her. Cory accidentally finds out, and assumes it was so they could have sex. Enraged that his friend one-upped him in the relationship arena, he tries to have sex with Topanga. Long story short, Topanga and Cory realize that neither of them want to grow up that fast, and Shaun realizes that him protected the girl for one night at a time isn't really doing much, so he buys her a bus ticket to stay with her aunt while he and Cory report her father to the police. What happened to shows like that on Disney -- shows that are quite humorous, but still teach valuable lessons that would actually be relevant? Instead, we are stuck with pointless shows like Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Cory in the House. The first teaches nothing but people who care about fashion are brainless, and...yeah, that's it. The second teaches that it's okay for siblings to fight so long as they love each other (or do they?). The latter teaches that...I'm not even sure if it teaches anything. What happened to entertainment being relevant instead of braindead? I, for one, would like to see more shows along the vein of Boy Meets World.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

if i remember correctly, boy meets world was on ABC. i mean yea, its still a division of disney. but its not a disney channel show

lauranicole

15 year(s) ago

As far as the disney channel shows go, yeah they may be really stupid and pointless, but for the age group that disney channel is actually aiming for, it works. You can't really compare them to boy meets world, because like everyone was saying that wasn't really a dinsey channel show. 5 to 9 year olds are really looking for lessons on not to have sex yet and stuff, they just want something thats clean and humerous to them, and thats what disney channel gives.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

yea. my 8-13 year old cousins love all the shows. ill watch the shows with them. its not like theyre terrible

Anko

15 year(s) ago

[b]lauranicole wrote:[/b] [quote]As far as the disney channel shows go, yeah they may be really stupid and pointless, but for the age group that disney channel is actually aiming for, it works. You can't really compare them to boy meets world, because like everyone was saying that wasn't really a dinsey channel show. 5 to 9 year olds are really looking for lessons on not to have sex yet and stuff, they just want something thats clean and humerous to them, and thats what disney channel gives.[/quote] I just noticed this comment. :) No, it really was a Disney Channel show. I remember watching it when I was like, 7. And I enjoyed it. Always have. And you'll notice Disney Channel apparently doesn't have only an age range of 5-9. It's 12-16 year olds, as well. Yes, it works for the age range of viewers it has. But unfortunately, it doesn't even teach many lessons. It all seems the same. Some of the episodes just aren't even that realistic. Boy Meets World dealt with serious issues but included such great humor. Modern Disney Channel deals with typical problems. Classic Disney Channel dealt with problems that aren't even looked into now on DC. I'll admit, I do watch a few shows on Disney Channel. But it is heading downhill, in my opinion. And it's sad.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

i always thought boy meets world came on ABC during TGIF....i know ABC is owned by disney, but it would be like saying that according to jim (which is no more by the way) is a disney channel show

Anko

15 year(s) ago

No, it wouldn't. BMW was on ABC, but it was also moved onto Disney Channel.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

after it went off the air

Anko

15 year(s) ago

Well it used to be on Disney Channel. So there. lol

rami009

15 year(s) ago

i know! never said it wasnt;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)