Login

Washington State Capital Building Atheist Sign

cookiedough28

15 year(s) ago

Ok, I know this is sort of old news, but what did you all think about the Atheist sign displayed along side of the Holiday Tree, Nativity scene, and Menorah in the Washington State Capital Building? Personally, I think it's fine if people want to display something that represents their interpretation of this holiday season. I mean, if Christians and Jews can have their religious symbols displayed, others should be able to as well. However, I think the FFRF went a little far in that their sign was more like a frontal attack on any religion rather than an equal rights display. A more appropriate sign might have said, "While this holiday season is considered a 'religious' holiday to some, it is not exclusively a religious time of year. It has been secularized and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the birth of Jesus or any other religion." By saying that "religion is just a myth and superstition that hardens the heart and enslaves the mind", it insults [i]anyone[/i] who has [i]any[/i] religion whatsoever. But that's just my opinion. What do you all think?

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

But hey, if it's Allah, then you get out of Hell after a while if you did good deeds... so you're not completely finished...:)

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

I don't know where it's from. It was my step-dad's screenname before I took over. So please, call me Alex. :)

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

What's the reason for debating whether or not we are "important"? There's no debate about that; we are all a part of God's plan, and that's what makes us important. We aren't important to any earthly things; we are important to God and His plan.

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

Sorry; I meant we arent important to like the universe physically, like we aren't going to destroy it or anything. Forget it. That didn't really make much sense anyway. Lol

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)