Login

What do you all think about Gangs.

I-am-saved-08

17 year(s) ago

Me personally, I don't like them. I had a friend that was in one and I quite being his friend, cause I didn't want to get involved with that. So let me know what you all think.

MattBob-SquarePants

17 year(s) ago

( <- has a knack for controversy ) It depends. It's really an open ended question, as written. What do I think of them? I think the occurrance of gangs was a natural progression in America. Ever since the McCarthy days, America (mainly via the FBI, but also with the CIA) has been spying on Americans. It's nothing new, and it has nothing to do with terrorism or 9-11. And it's never stopped. People don't understand how this stuff happens, so I feel compelled to give a little overview. In the particular case of gangs, I think it was a direct result of a nasty little program called Cointelpro, which involved the FBI illegally spying on many many law abiding citizens. The Cointelpro protocol called for not only spying on legitimate political groups and individuals, (then called the "New Left") but also infiltrating them, coercing them into doing illegal acts, faking illegal acts in their names, and doing anything they could to discredit this broad group. The "New Left" involved the Kennedys, John Lennon, the Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, and many others.. ** the following is personal opinion ** I believe it was the FBI's infiltration and harassment of the Black Panthers, (which culminated in the arrest and false conviction of Mumia Abu Jamal) that led to the breakup. These splinter groups would eventually recombine into the Bloods and the Crips. This government harrasment, coupled with the varying degrees of justice one can expect in our legal system, based on income, is what made these groups an attractive proposition to many disadvantaged, and often disenfranchised, youths. If the State won't give you justice, do you give up on the idea of having justice, or do you just take what you perceive to be justice? In short, it's a terrible thing, but it isn't enough to blame the young gangsters. The problem runs much deeper.

I-am-saved-08

17 year(s) ago

I think that gangs, are really bad for people! I wasn't meaning the history of it, I was talking about, what you all think about it, like if you think it's bad, etc...so thats what I ment.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)