Login

Windows Media Player

keyseya

16 year(s) ago

I don't know if this is the right forum for it to go in but anyone know abit about windows media player? Its not letting me play any songs and its getting frustrating. I've had a look in the FAQ but I seem to be going round in circles.

serfofChrist92

16 year(s) ago

What version of WMP to you have? Can you be more specific in the description of your problem? ...and did you update or change anything before the problem started occurring?

MisterNathan

16 year(s) ago

Did you purchase the media on iTunes or Napster?

keyseya

16 year(s) ago

[b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote]Did you purchase the media on iTunes or Napster?[/quote] Media as in songs? You know you have to talk simple with me when it comes to computers homie! They're all of CD's I own. [b] serfofChrist92 wrote: [/b] [qoute] What version of WMP to you have? Can you be more specific in the description of your problem? ...and did you update or change anything before the problem started occurring? [/quote] Sorry I'm not much help but its version 9. It comes up with an error message saying "A license cannot be found for this media file. Use License Management to transfer a license for this file from the original computer, or acquire a new license." When you click 'more information' it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because it is secured with a digital license. The license that unlocks the file and allows you to play it resides on the computer where the CD track was copied. If you are attempting to play the file on the computer where the CD track was originally copied, the license is either missing or corrupted. Recopy the track from the original CD, and then try to play the file again." I'd happily do that cept half my CD's are pretty scratched up, any ideas guys?

MisterNathan

16 year(s) ago

Are the CD's purchased or burned?

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

Well WMP is kinda crappy anyway. See if RealPlayer or VLC can play these "protected" files.

MisterNathan

16 year(s) ago

[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote]Well WMP is kinda crappy anyway. See if RealPlayer or VLC can play these "protected" files.[/quote] [whisper]...or Songbird...[/whisper]

RATM-is-back

16 year(s) ago

wat we talkin bout?

serfofChrist92

16 year(s) ago

Try reading the thread. It might help explain things.

keyseya

16 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]Try reading the thread. It might help explain things.[/quote] haha that made me laugh. thanks Ben, i'll try that now.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)