Login

Are muslims saved ?

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

According to some christians all is needed for salvation is believe in Jesus. 25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" Muslims believe in Jesus.

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

but they do not believe that he is the Son of God... they only view him as a prophet who's teachings have been scewed and twisted by the christians to fit their own agenda

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

That goes without saying they don't believe in Jesus in the same way,so do alot of christian denominations like the JW,the Quakers,Mormons for instance. Muslim also believe in the immaculate conception and also respect Mary mother Jesus very much. According to some of the brethren all is required for salvation is just to believe in Jesus .And this would include alot of new agers,gnostics,independent liberal christians ect whom also believe in Jesus but not in the orthodoxy of scriptures or dogmas.

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

Wheter you consider these denomination christians or not is irevelant,many of will say they are christians.Its beside the point.All of these believe in Jesus but not all in the same way. The question is directed at the brethren whom believe all is required for salvation is to believe. I see it posted here all over the place,but I see none have answered so far.

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

Well it's pretty clear cut in the the Bible that you can't just 'believe' in God...you first have to go through the Son to get to Him, and if you really have gone through the Son then your lfiestyle will change. I mean it says that even the demons believe in God...and btw the Muslims believe in a compeltely different God...I mean they believe in parts of teh Bible adn they believe that we both worship the same God except our views are messed up and so they aren't worth anything. But we really aren't worshipping the same God...they're completely different from each other. ummm since this wasn't really addressed to me i'm sorry...lol....

Post edited by: Emmy89, at: 2006/08/22 22:11

MaddMatt

17 year(s) ago

[b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote]That goes without saying they don't believe in Jesus in the same way,so do alot of christian denominations like the JW,the Quakers,Mormons for instance. Muslim also believe in the immaculate conception and also respect Mary mother Jesus very much. According to some of the brethren all is required for salvation is just to believe in Jesus .And this would include alot of new agers,gnostics,independent liberal christians ect whom also believe in Jesus but not in the orthodoxy of scriptures or dogmas.[/quote] Chantillion, I am glad to stand next to you my brother in Christ. I will defend the fact that as a Roman Catholic (Not simply b/c of being catholic, but because of your faith), you are justified to call yourself a child of God... Having said that. JW, the Quakers, Mormons, and Muslims are all false religions, cults, and should never be confused with being "denominations" within the Body of Jesus Christ, our Personal Lord and Savior, who shed an died His blood for our sins. All of those cults REJECT the blood of Christ openly, and defiantly! Not one of them has the right to be called sons and daughters of God. I will say this though.... Repecting Mary has absolutely nothing even remotely close to anything to do with being a Christian... No Scripture can even be mis-represented or mis-interpreted as saying that "repecting Mary shall save you." This is a rediculous topic. No Muslim would even want to be assoiciated with Chirstianity, and for us to contemplate whether or not they will share in the Kingdom. -Matt

Joshua

17 year(s) ago

.... I agree with Matt.. Also remember, that believing in something can mean two different things.. For instance I believe the sky is blue... But I believe in Christ are two different things... I TRUST in the Salvation of Christ... I don't really trust the sky is blue... the sky MIGHT be blue to me.... what about a dog? If I am color blind then the sky is still blue but I will never know .... I am not willing to die for my trust that the sky is gray and not blue... But I am Christ... there's a different level.... Kinda like when you were a kid and ur parents would say "I believe in you" ... they knew, trusted, and believed that you COULD do it... but saying I believe you can do it in a "sure .. .why not.. Icould do it too" manner is something else.. Jesus said even the demons believe, but TREMBLE!! He was refering to the very same type of belief.. they KNEW and believed he was the messiah.. yet the demons will not be in paradise... See what I am getting at?

MaddMatt

17 year(s) ago

[b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote]Wheter you consider these denomination christians or not is irevelant,many of will say they are christians.Its beside the point.All of these believe in Jesus but not all in the same way. The question is directed at the brethren whom believe all is required for salvation is to believe. I see it posted here all over the place,but I see none have answered so far.[/quote] Ahhhh... you scared me... I thouhgt you were arguing that they were saved. Okay... you are just proving a point to "Faith only" proponants..

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

[b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote]That goes without saying they don't believe in Jesus in the same way,so do alot of christian denominations like the JW,the Quakers,Mormons for instance. Muslim also believe in the immaculate conception and also respect Mary mother Jesus very much. According to some of the brethren all is required for salvation is just to believe in Jesus .And this would include alot of new agers,gnostics,independent liberal christians ect whom also believe in Jesus but not in the orthodoxy of scriptures or dogmas.[/quote] Chantillion, I am glad to stand next to you my brother in Christ. I will defend the fact that as a Roman Catholic (Not simply b/c of being catholic, but because of your faith), you are justified to call yourself a child of God... Having said that. JW, the Quakers, Mormons, and Muslims are all false religions, cults, and should never be confused with being "denominations" within the Body of Jesus Christ, our Personal Lord and Savior, who shed an died His blood for our sins. All of those cults REJECT the blood of Christ openly, and defiantly! Not one of them has the right to be called sons and daughters of God. I will say this though.... Repecting Mary has absolutely nothing even remotely close to anything to do with being a Christian... No Scripture can even be mis-represented or mis-interpreted as saying that "repecting Mary shall save you." This is a rediculous topic. No Muslim would even want to be assoiciated with Chirstianity, and for us to contemplate whether or not they will share in the Kingdom. -Matt[/quote] I'm glad to see you guys don't think that all is required for salvation is to believe,but you do know it doesn't matter if your a christian or not it requires faith to believe,muslims also believe in Jesus in a certain way and this requires faith too.Just as much for the Hindus require faith to believe in Shiva. As for the Mary thing,we already covered the in the catholic thread.Respecting Mary is not required for salvation.

daisukeghost

15 year(s) ago

I think the words 'believe in' in this case do not mean believe that he actually existed. they mean to trust in him. It's like parents saying to their child 'we believe in you' when he's entering a competition. they are not telling their son that they know he exists, more that they trust in his ability.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)