Login

Disgusted with Republicans

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

So apparently there's some national movement of republicans interfering in the democratic primaries this cycle. I mean, to an extent, people switching parties just to vote for the least likely candidate to win the general election probably happens every time. But the national movement, led by Rush Limbaugh, coupled with the lack of relatively important republican primaries is making it a pretty big factor. Indiana is, and always has been, a "red state." Even our liberals are more moderate that those on the left coast. Yet Hillary Clinton managed to win in indiana tuesday, IMO, mostly because of Republcans that voted as democrats. Isn't this lying? Saying you're a democrat, when you're not? Oh, it's legal, there's no question about that. I just think it's completely unethical to intentionally interfere with an election that's supposed to be among the opposing party. What do you guys think?

Silent-K

16 year(s) ago

I know you're a mod. . .but shouldn't this be in politics?

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

I dunno... I figured it could go either way. I fully expect to hear some debate about it.

MaddMatt

16 year(s) ago

[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote]I dunno... I figured it could go either way. I fully expect to hear some debate about it.[/quote] I think it should be here... because the only question he asked in the post was "Isn't that lying?" So that is a theological debate. I thunk :huh: -Matt

MisterNathan

16 year(s) ago

For those who would like to look it up, it is Rush Limbaugh's plan called "Operation Chaos", from what I recall.

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

Yeah, that's the single most offensive part of it, to me. Operation Chaos was an ugly stain on American history, but one that's more important than EVER for us to understand. And by calling HIS plan after it, he's trying to bury the past, and make sure HE comes up when people search for "Operation Chaos." The REAL (albeit incomplete record of)[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_CHAOS]Operation CHAOS[/url]

Post edited by: MattBob_SquarePants, at: 2008/05/25 12:09

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)