Login

evolution

horsechic1990

12 year(s) ago

I had to study evolution last year in my science class (did I mention that I HATE Darwin?) and boy was it hard! I have been a Christian for quite a few years now and nothing hurts more than hearing that Creation is false and people evolved from monkies or whatever else goes along with evolution. I was actually the person who explained to my science class what Creation was, and it still hurt to hear people say "well, what if God doesn't exist?" 'cause I know that God exists, or I wouldn't be a Christian! I was wondering what you all thought of evolution and I was wondering if any of you went through experiences with learning evolution like I did with my science class last year. I HATE evolution and I think that it shouldn't be taught in school 'cause it's too controversial and they don't teach Creation. Grrrrr I wish evolution would just go away forever!

DHfan

12 year(s) ago

[b]horsechic1990 wrote:[/b] [quote]I had to study evolution last year in my science class (did I mention that I HATE Darwin?) [/quote] I had to study it as well last year, but I dont think that it is right to hate Darwin simply because Darwin did not know what he was saying. He thought that the physical world was extremely simple. Just a 1's and 0's type thing, simplistic stuff. He did not understand that the complexity of life goes from 0 up through infinity, each number randomly placed with no repeats, almost like pi. Also, a lot of the ideas that are taught in the ideas of evolution now are completely different than those originally thought of by Darwin. I dont agree with evolution, but I thought I should defend the guy a bit. If he had known the complexity of life, he would never have proposed the idea. [quote] I have been a Christian for quite a few years now and nothing hurts more than hearing that Creation is false and people evolved from monkies or whatever else goes along with evolution.[/quote] Well.... it depends on which side of the teachings of evolution that you are looking at. The origin of life concept that they made up is against the idea of creation and christianity, but the ideas such as microevolution (which shouldnt be construed with evolution because it is just adaptation, but I dont wanna get started on that one) are not. That does not take away from God, but the place where it does is when they say that life started from single-celled organisms and that those just appeared (they have many discrepencies there because still it had to come from somewhere it didnt just go "poof" and there it was but again, I ramble). Also, the idea of us evolving from monkeys is an idea that has been almost completely thrown out of real-time circulation. They couldnt find the "missing link", so, they decided to say that humans and monkeys descended from a common ancestor. They also have a weird idea about neanderthals living at the same time as modern humans and that we caused them to become extinct, but I dont know much about that idea to say much of anything. [quote] I was actually the person who explained to my science class what Creation was, and it still hurt to hear people say "well, what if God doesn't exist?" [/quote] Well, it's not really a surprise that they asked you this question. That is the easy cop-out when being confronted with a opposing idea. Also, another easy cop-out is to say "Well, what if He does exist?" That one just wont work. A good thing to say would be something like, "Ok... so, let's say that your idea of evolution is right and that everything evolved a long, long time ago from some original material or such. Where did those materials come from? Where did your 'building blocks of life' come from? They couldnt just appear. Even if your ideas are right, there had to be a beginning, something outside of the physical realm to design and start everything." It should hurt though. That is a good thing. If it didn't hurt, that would mean that something was wrong. If it didn't hurt, it would mean that you dont care. [quote] I was wondering what you all thought of evolution and I was wondering if any of you went through experiences with learning evolution like I did with my science class last year. I HATE evolution and I think that it shouldn't be taught in school 'cause it's too controversial and they don't teach Creation. Grrrrr I wish evolution would just go away forever![/quote] Even though I personally dont believe in their ideas, evolution is possible within christianity, just not their whole "origin of life" ideas. God told all the animals to go and reproduce and fill the Earth. He never said that they would stay exactly the same (I agree with microevolution/adaptation). God could've allowed for evolution to happen. This is something that we dont know. The only thing is that for a while, they wouldnt teach evolution and only taught creation. They wont teach creation because it really doesnt fit within any explanation and you either believe in one or the other or possibly a combination of both. They should teach both, and some places are trying to do that. I dont hate evolution because they are free to believe what they want, but I do hate the fact that they teach evolution as fact. They cant prove it. Dont hate evolution. Evolution isnt the one that's tainting people's beliefs. It's the fact that professors and teachers teach evolution as the only possible explanation. I think it will be thrown out of idealogy, personally, just as the Big Bang Theory was (for the most part). Microbiologists and Astronomers are beginning to speak out against evolution because of the complexity they see within things that should be simple under the laws of thermodynamics (things do not become more complex over time). They are finding that it is way more complex at the most simple building blocks of life like molecules. They see this and say that there is no way that this happened by chance. I think they will get through to people, and they will be forced to throw evolution out of the textbooks (at least new ones they will make)

xLisax

12 year(s) ago

[quote]"Ok... so, let's say that your idea of evolution is right and that everything evolved a long, long time ago from some original material or such. Where did those materials come from? Where did your 'building blocks of life' come from? They couldnt just appear. Even if your ideas are right, there had to be a beginning, something outside of the physical realm to design and start everything." [/quote] thank you for saying that! that has been my argument against evolution for years and everytime I say something like that people just kind of ignore the question -- or throw the ignorant " then who created God" question at me. what I think is really sad -- is some people who claim to be Christians, but then say they don't believe the Old Testament -- they believe only the New Testament -- and believe in the theory of Evolution - - and I know there is more to not believing the Old Testament - - but if you claim to be a believer but don't believe any of his word - -I think there's something wrong with that. I've also heard very many interesting theories about how maybe some of Evolution could fit in with the Bible. For Example (( I'm not saying any of this is right or the truth by the way - - I'm just citing a theory that I found interesting that could help someone who believes in Evolution see that it COULD fit in with the Bible )) - ok so you know how all these people say " The Big Bang" really did happen because "scientist saw it" or w/e - -well - - I was heard a theory that WHAT IF the big planet of debri that existed before it ruptured was the Earth God created - -the "Eden" if you will -- and that when the big planet thing "exploded" -- it was when God was throwing Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden -- and putting them on our current Earth." - Now once again -- I'm not saying ANY of that theory is true WHAT SO EVER nor am I saying that I believe that -- so before you attack me for listing that -- just know that I'm not supporting the theory in any way -- I'm just saying that it is just a theory andI just thought it was neat how someone took something like Evolution and related it to God's Creation

jeremiahluvst

12 year(s) ago

i agree i dont think it should be taught because its a beleif.evolution has been disproven but evolutionists dont have any other way to explain the start of man kind besides the thought of a supreme creator or in other words god and they dont like that so they keep evolution in our books.in my opinoin its a religion because it is a beleif on how the human race was started.when we learned about it i debated with my teacher everyday.but shes the teacher and she thinks that means everything what says shes right.and i have had thought about weather evolution is true then i watched a man named kent hovind.he disproves evolution and its amazing.you should look him up......jeremiah

MaddMatt

12 year(s) ago

A "true" Christian can not believe in macro evolution (period). End of story.... So to say that evolution (macro) can work within Christianity is not Truth.

horsechic1990

12 year(s) ago

Thank you sooooo much for all of your opinions and thoughts everyone! You all have really helped me out a lot, and now I have some excellent ways of defending Creation. Thanks again for your help! By the way, I will try to look into that thing you were talking about jeremiah. Also, if anyone else wants to post on here, then that would be awesome too! Thanks!

duckie2six

12 year(s) ago

Well, luckily I have not gone through that yet. And I am sorry it was hard for you. You cannot always change someone's mind. I was talking to a friend one time on the internet, and he said he thought that the evolution theory made more since then the creation one. This really upset me and we had an odd but funny conversation. Because I think I confused him a little. But I think it is fabulous that you stood up for what you belive in your class. Later on someone will definently remember that! good for you!

Chantillon

12 year(s) ago

[b]horsechic1990 wrote:[/b] [quote]I had to study evolution last year in my science class (did I mention that I HATE Darwin?) and boy was it hard! I have been a Christian for quite a few years now and nothing hurts more than hearing that Creation is false and people evolved from monkies or whatever else goes along with evolution. I was actually the person who explained to my science class what Creation was, and it still hurt to hear people say "well, what if God doesn't exist?" 'cause I know that God exists, or I wouldn't be a Christian! I was wondering what you all thought of evolution and I was wondering if any of you went through experiences with learning evolution like I did with my science class last year. I HATE evolution and I think that it shouldn't be taught in school 'cause it's too controversial and they don't teach Creation. Grrrrr I wish evolution would just go away forever![/quote] Ask yourself this,does taking the story of creation allegorically or litirally have any impact on your salvation.

CaraS

12 year(s) ago

[b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote][b]horsechic1990 wrote:[/b] [quote]I had to study evolution last year in my science class (did I mention that I HATE Darwin?) and boy was it hard! I have been a Christian for quite a few years now and nothing hurts more than hearing that Creation is false and people evolved from monkies or whatever else goes along with evolution. I was actually the person who explained to my science class what Creation was, and it still hurt to hear people say "well, what if God doesn't exist?" 'cause I know that God exists, or I wouldn't be a Christian! I was wondering what you all thought of evolution and I was wondering if any of you went through experiences with learning evolution like I did with my science class last year. I HATE evolution and I think that it shouldn't be taught in school 'cause it's too controversial and they don't teach Creation. Grrrrr I wish evolution would just go away forever![/quote] Ask yourself this,does taking the story of creation allegorically or litirally have any impact on your salvation.[/quote] It effects how you take the entire Bible. Is the Bible literal or just a good book of stories we should learn from? Was Jesus really the actual son of God? or just a good moral teacher? Was there actually a whale that swallowed Jonah? If not, that leaves a lot of room for questions.

Chantillon

12 year(s) ago

[b]CaraS wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote][b]horsechic1990 wrote:[/b] [quote]I had to study evolution last year in my science class (did I mention that I HATE Darwin?) and boy was it hard! I have been a Christian for quite a few years now and nothing hurts more than hearing that Creation is false and people evolved from monkies or whatever else goes along with evolution. I was actually the person who explained to my science class what Creation was, and it still hurt to hear people say "well, what if God doesn't exist?" 'cause I know that God exists, or I wouldn't be a Christian! I was wondering what you all thought of evolution and I was wondering if any of you went through experiences with learning evolution like I did with my science class last year. I HATE evolution and I think that it shouldn't be taught in school 'cause it's too controversial and they don't teach Creation. Grrrrr I wish evolution would just go away forever![/quote] Ask yourself this,does taking the story of creation allegorically or litirally have any impact on your salvation.[/quote] It effects how you take the entire Bible. Is the Bible literal or just a good book of stories we should learn from? Was Jesus really the actual son of God? or just a good moral teacher? Was there actually a whale that swallowed Jonah? If not, that leaves a lot of room for questions.[/quote] This opens up a can of worms,is it correct to take all scripture literally,even christians who take the whole bible literally,don't believe in Transubstantiation,don't take parables literally.Baptist only see baptism as symbol and only a public demonstration of an inner conversion ect.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)