Login

Have you had your rights violated as a Christian?

so-cdog

17 year(s) ago

I never have had events like this happen to me, but people I know have been kicked out of a mall for witnessing or threatened with suspension for passing out flyers for youth events at school. Have you got a story of faith to tell?

krisstal-the-fairie

17 year(s) ago

No. i do stuff like that all the time but i dont have a hardtime with people... thats weird...

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

[b]so_cdog wrote:[/b] [quote]I never have had events like this happen to me, but people I know have been kicked out of a mall for witnessing or threatened with suspension for passing out flyers for youth events at school. Have you got a story of faith to tell?[/quote] I do. One of my friend's friends actually got suspended from school because she was handing out tracts to people and another one of my friends got detention because she was reading her Bible during SSR and was supposedly disrupting the class (even though I go to a secular school district, there is no rule against reading a Bible during SSR time, and plus no one in the class noticed the Bible until the teacher interupted the SSR time and gave my friend detention). Btw, I had to study evolution in science last year, MisterNathan, and I HATED IT! I basically had to play along with the unit and try to ignore comments from people in the class who was saying that God might not exist. It also was hard trying to explain to people why I hate evolution and believe in Creation.

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

Man my school experience is almost the opposite of yours, I had a teacher reading the bible in one of my classes. And I always have to sit and listen to the politically philosophy of my teachers which I never agreed with. I have had a teacher tell me that there is no evidence to support evolution. Where any of my rights violated? No. And neither were yours.

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

[b]SmilinBob wrote:[/b] [quote]Where any of my rights violated? No. And neither were yours.[/quote] My rights weren't exactly violated, but I would say the rights of the other people I mentioned were.

so-cdog

17 year(s) ago

[b]horsechic1990 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]so_cdog wrote:[/b] [quote]I never have had events like this happen to me, but people I know have been kicked out of a mall for witnessing or threatened with suspension for passing out flyers for youth events at school. Have you got a story of faith to tell?[/quote] I do. One of my friend's friends actually got suspended from school because she was handing out tracts to people and another one of my friends got detention because she was reading her Bible during SSR and was supposedly disrupting the class (even though I go to a secular school district, there is no rule against reading a Bible during SSR time, and plus no one in the class noticed the Bible until the teacher interupted the SSR time and gave my friend detention). Btw, I had to study evolution in science last year, MisterNathan, and I HATED IT! I basically had to play along with the unit and try to ignore comments from people in the class who was saying that God might not exist. It also was hard trying to explain to people why I hate evolution and believe in Creation.[/quote] Wow! I'm proud of your friend. And I'm proud of you for sticking up for God. :)

so-cdog

17 year(s) ago

[b]SmilinBob wrote:[/b] [quote]Man my school experience is almost the opposite of yours, I had a teacher reading the bible in one of my classes. And I always have to sit and listen to the politically philosophy of my teachers which I never agreed with. I have had a teacher tell me that there is no evidence to support evolution. Where any of my rights violated? No. And neither were yours.[/quote] Your rights weren't violated. You weren't forced to do anything against what you believe. Also, people have freedom of speech (within reason.) People have the right to share what they believe.

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

[b]so_cdog wrote:[/b] Wow! I'm proud of your friend. And I'm proud of you for sticking up for God. :)[/quote] Thank you!!!!

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

[b]so_cdog wrote:[/b] [quote][b]SmilinBob wrote:[/b] [quote]Man my school experience is almost the opposite of yours, I had a teacher reading the bible in one of my classes. And I always have to sit and listen to the politically philosophy of my teachers which I never agreed with. I have had a teacher tell me that there is no evidence to support evolution. Where any of my rights violated? No. And neither were yours.[/quote] Your rights weren't violated. You weren't forced to do anything against what you believe. Also, people have freedom of speech (within reason.) People have the right to share what they believe.[/quote] Ok, so you agree withe me then.

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

[b]so_cdog wrote:[/b] [quote][b]SmilinBob wrote:[/b] [quote]Man my school experience is almost the opposite of yours, I had a teacher reading the bible in one of my classes. And I always have to sit and listen to the politically philosophy of my teachers which I never agreed with. I have had a teacher tell me that there is no evidence to support evolution. Where any of my rights violated? No. And neither were yours.[/quote] Your rights weren't violated. You weren't forced to do anything against what you believe. Also, people have freedom of speech (within reason.) People have the right to share what they believe.[/quote] Ok, so you agree withe me then.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)